Arduino Ethernet Help

Hello, I am working on a group project, in charge of the microcontroller portion and am new to microcontrollers. Basically, I presently have the Arduino Ethernet with POE module and the FTDI Pro for programming. First, I realize the POE module will make it possible for the microcontroller to receive power over the ethernet cable. We chose this selection to makes things less complicated. Well, when I connected the cable from my computer to the microcontroller, it seems as if there is no power being provided. Is there an enable switch, should it work or is there something else?

The FTDI Pro converts USB to serial. Here is a link to show the item: http://store.ckdevices.com/products/FTDI-Pro.html
I have connected the USB cable from the computer to the device and it powers it up. Once I have written my code and am ready to send it to the microcontroller, I plan on connecting the device to the microcontroller with six wires (one for each pin). Are there any other steps that I may need to do?

Basically, I have the hardware, I have downloaded the Ardiuno 1.0.3 software and need help setting up power and communications. That way, all I have to worry about is learning and writing the code. I have tried to research these steps myself, but have not been very successful. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Well, when I connected the cable from my computer to the microcontroller, it seems as if there is no power being provided.

Because your computer does not provide power over ethernet. You need to connect the Arduino to a router that does.

Is there an enable switch, should it work or is there something else?

No, no, and obviously.

You may also consider a PoE injector cable - you feed it with ethernet and power from different sources and it "merges" them into a single ethernet cable. Here is an example (I've never used it and not endorsing it, it's just to give you an idea). Note that they call it "splitter" while it is actually two cables, an injector and a splitter. What you need is the PoE injector function.

http://ezoneda.en.alibaba.com/product/624927106-213303242/POE_CABLE_SPLITTER_PASSIVE_POE_CABLE_KITS.html