Arduino IDE is not working (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)

hello, I am using lattepanda board.

And, i installed 16.04LTS(Ubuntu) & Arduino 1.8.9 .

And then, terminal CLI ==> cd Downloads/arduino-1.8.9/ ./install.sh

and execute ./arduino

When I implement command, sketch window does not working ( 10 seconds later, it is vanishing.)

why occur this situation.

Help me!! please.....

+++ When i execute ./ arduino on terminal

print

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:

only one thing.

run arduino_debug and see what it says.

Sorry, i don't understand what did you mean.

I have no message for error.

My problem is when I implement program , it is not open with no error message.......

ㅠㅜ

Run arduino_debug instead of arduino (it's in the same location as arduino) - it will output debugging information that will help find the cause of the problem.

How i can get arduino_debug???

Tell me how to do....

Thank you very much to reply my question.

:slight_smile:

arduino_debug is only in the Windows version of the Arduino IDE. With the Linux and OS X versions you can just run the regular arduino script from the terminal and that will give you all the same output.

Make sure the Arduino version matches the Linux version. Does your board have a 32-bit Intel or AMD CPU? If so, run the 32-bit Linux version. If 64-bit Intel or AMD CPU, run the 64-bit Linux version. If your board has an ARM CPU, you also need to use the correct 32 vs. 64 bit version.

The uname command should report the Linux CPU type (Intel/AMD vs. ARM) and word width (32 vs. 64). The file command should report the java executable CPU and word width.

$ uname -a
Linux amdABCDE 4.15.0-46-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 6 09:33:07 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

~/arduino-1.8.9 $ file ./java/bin/java
./java/bin/java: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/l, for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped