Arduino mkr wifi 1010 nextion display

hey guys can you use a mkr wifi 1010 with a nextion display i tested it with an uno and it worked fine but with a mkr wifi 1010 it doest work and ist the exact same code can anyone help?

Your topic has been moved to a more suitable location on the forum. Installation and Troubleshooting is not for problems with (nor for advice on) your project :wink: See About the Installation & Troubleshooting category.

1. What are the symptoms; "doesn't work" does not convey much information.
  2. Please post your sketch; please don't forget the code tags when posting code (the </> button)

Is your display able to work with 3.3V logic levels? I believe that the MKR boards are 3.3V, whereas an UNO is 5V. Perhaps post a link to your particular display datasheet.

What connections have you made between your display and the MKR board?

Not sure of your issue, I am trying the same thing, it powers via the vin not 3.3v pins but that is as far as I have got, Nextion library does not work as SerielSoftware library is not in Wifi1010 it seems, so looking for an alternative myself and will watch to see if anyone else posts.

I'm not familiar with your board but reasonably sure that it has native USB and you're free to use the UART for anything that you like.

If that is the case, does the Nextion library require SoftwareSerial?

Hi, When I try to use the the initial include of nextion.h as an include even with no other line written, the debug errors saying no such directory for SerialSoftware.h. On google searching I found the most plausible cause is Arduino MKR Wifi1010 does not use that library. I cannot find anywhere that anyone has it working yet! But not given up hope.

Which Nextion library do you use? There are multiple Nextion libraries. I've downloaded 3 of them to check.

1. Nextion by Helder Rodrigues
    You can hack the library if needed.

2. Easy Nextion
    Allows you to specify a serial port. I compiled one of the examples for the MKR WiFi1010 modifying the line EasyNex myNex(Serial) to EasyNex myNex(Serial1); compiles without errors. You just have to find the correct Rx and Tx pin on the MKR.

3. NeoNextion
    I needed to make two changes to one of the example sketches to get it to compile for the MKR WiFi1010. Replace Nextion nex(nextionSerial) by Nextion nex(Serial1) and nextionSerial.begin(9600) by Serial1.begin(9600); I also had to remove the SoftwareSerial related stuff. Again, you just have to find the correct Rx and Tx pin on the MKR.
    This library possibly has a bug (buffer overflow), I did not dig into that.

My suggestion is that you get yourself familiar with the Easy Nextion library and use that.

I used the library from the Nextion Github repo and renamed it as per instructions on their site. I will delete it and try your options.
I will try Easy Nextion first, then the others and feedback how it goes,

Hopefully it will help both me and the original poster out.

Cheers

On investigation it seems that the pins (TX/RX) are not useable in the MKR WIFI 1010. The Wifi module uses the RX pin which removes it from anything else using it. so my MKR Wifi 1010 Nextion project is a no go and explains why jeine420 also could not use it.

I will try the Nano 33BLE instead and short the VUSB tabs, my project is USB powered so hopefully this will work!

From my side thank you for the help sterretje

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.