Arduino NANO USB without connector

hello there is it possible to connect arduino nano directly to usb wires because i broke mini usb on arduino ( see picture). sooooo, can it be done by directly soldering usb wires to arduino. i already tried with no success.

Just get a new cable.

It can be done, but it's a really tough rework job. You didn't post a picture, but you probably lifted the pads when you ripped off the connector, meaning you'll have to follow the traces back, scrape off the solder mask, and solder to them (or go onto the pins of the serial adapter chip - if it uses a CH340G, this is the path of least resistance). I did this once, and it worked, but it didn't last long. The connections you end up with are incredibly fragile - they'll break within minutes if you don't tack the wires down to the board with glue to prevent the stress from handling tugging on the wire.

This is a "desperation" repair job, the sort of thing you attempt when you absolutely need it working and cannot wait for a replacement, and don't care that you're spending hours trying to fix a $3 circuit board; at any sane valuation of your time, screw it and buy a new one.

i forgot to post pic... did it now :smiley:

i did followed path trace to the ch430 (and just to make sure i open ch430 pinout scheme) and soldered it all accordingly. PWR diode was lighting and L diode was half lit. but pc won't recognize it

Get a new Nano, they are inexpensive.
Put you efforts into coding.

stefan91:
i did followed path trace to the ch430 (and just to make sure i open ch430 pinout scheme) and soldered it all accordingly. PWR diode was lighting and L diode was half lit. but pc won’t recognize it

Did you also connect the Gnd and 5v lines of the USB cable?

yes i did and the pwr led turned on. but i thing there is problem because L led in turned on too. i think i could get it work but i need board layout so i can see traces and components. i think i am missing something. maybe there are resistors or caps in line with d+ and d- pin of ch430 chip

The picture you've appended seems confused. The CH340 in the photo is a 16 pin device while your CH340T pin outline drawing is for a 20 pin package. Presuming that the correct IC is the 16 pin CH340G, D+ and D- are on pins 5 and 6 respectively, while you've circled pins 4 and 5 in the photograph.

One thing I've discovered, after wasting a bunch of time, is that the colors of the wires in the USB cable don't always match what they're supposed to. You actually have to do a continuity test to see which pins on the connector the wires match up to.