Arduino Project with Objective-C

Hi, I have a project that requires objective-c to detect an object. Can the OV7670 Camera Module do the work? If so, how? Video or article tutorials would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Which arduino? Is an aobjective-c-compiler available for that model? Why should an ancient CMOS camera do that?

zwieblum:
Which arduino? Is an aobjective-c-compiler available for that model? Why should an ancient CMOS camera do that?

I'll be using the Arduiono ATmega2560 with my project and I am not sure if a compiler is available that's why I am asking here. I am thinking of using OV7670 Camera Module since it's cheap and I think I saw someone used one for an object detection project. If you recommend another camera that is cheap and small, please do tell me.

Ok. No, objective-c never worked on avr architecture. There are some chinese forums where you can get more info, but basicly that's it.

zwieblum:
Ok. No, objective-c never worked on avr architecture. There are some chinese forums where you can get more info, but basicly that's it.

So... what do you suggest? What can I do?

I see from google that "Objective-C is the primary language used to write Mac software."

Macs run on intel processors; high speed with access to lots of RAM. Do you have a Mac for your project? If so, find a camera that works with Macs.
Maybe some kind of network camera with video analytics. I think you can find some here

https://www.axis.com/en-us/products/network-cameras

(forum may add some extra characters to the start and end of that link)

If not, you can change to C++, which is what the Aduino IDE is based on, and then you can use a 2560.

Use a RPi.

CrossRoads:
I see from google that "Objective-C is the primary language used to write Mac software."

Macs run on intel processors; high speed with access to lots of RAM. Do you have a Mac for your project? If so, find a camera that works with Macs.
Maybe some kind of network camera with video analytics. I think you can find some here

Network cameras | Axis Communications

(forum may add some extra characters to the start and end of that link)

If not, you can change to C++, which is what the Aduino IDE is based on, and then you can use a 2560.

Looking at the last statement that you said, does it mean that I can code objective-c with C++ using the Arduino IDE? Do you know any tutorials whether writing or a video?