Arduino UNO + XBee

Hello,

I'm trying to configure XBee module using Arduino UNO and XBee shield. I'm using XCTU software. Everything seems to be fine, I can read all parameters, write separate parameters, but I can't update the firmware! I mean, I just want to change function of module.

- Getting device information... [OK]
- Entering programming mode... [ERROR]
        Could not enter programming mode. > Could not reset the module.

I tried to manually reset the module, by connecting pin 5 to 10, but it doesn't really help.

Can you help me? Thanks,

Can

I'm trying to configure XBee module using Arduino UNO and XBee shield

With or without the AtMega328 chip installed? You should be removing it.

Hi,

If you are able to come up with the test/query in x-ctu software and still if you get these errors, do the following steps.

1. Plug in X-bee, open x-ctu and select the right com-port and click test/query.
  2. if it shows error, please leave and move on to modem configuration.
  3. Press Read Button,
  4. again if it shows error please close it,
  5. Go back to the PC settings tab and change the baud rate to 115200.
  6. go to modem configuration tab again and in modem select XB24-B and in functions choose znet 2.5 coordinator api
  7. check always update firmware and click write
  8. again if it shows error take out a seperate wire and connect reset to ground and remove it, and wait till the error message goes.
  9. once write is complete, then choose your required baud rate and write to whatever function set you want to. again if it shows the error connect reset to ground and remove it and wait till the error message goes
  10. works with xbee s2.