Bluetooth: 1 Master - Multiple Slaves

Hello, i want to connect 1 master device (smartphone) with multiple slaves modules (probably HC-05), is this possible? I have no idea how to make that work, im open to suggestions.

tomito:
Hello, i want to connect 1 master device (smartphone) with multiple slaves modules (probably HC-05), is this possible?

I am able to pair my smartphone with multiple Bluetooth speakers.

tomito:
I have no idea how to make that work, im open to suggestions.

Get HC-05 working and pair it.
Plenty of tutorials.
Have you bothered looking?

Hi, thanks for the answer!
I already have an HC-05 paired with my smarthpone and working properly, but i'm a bit lose on how to add more HCs

tomito:
im open to suggestions.

I think the best suggestion is don't bother.
Your first problem is to get/write the Android app that enables you to use several Blueteeth. You are probably better off having Android communicating with one Arduino which also serves as a base station communicating with others using NRF24s in a network. They are made for that sort of thing and the price and performance is about the same as HC-05.

You can have a "network" of HC-05s but you have to have base Arduino control the slave.

Nick_Pyner:
I think the best suggestion is don't bother.
Your first problem is to get/write the Android app that enables you to use several Blueteeth. You are probably better off having Android communicating with one Arduino which also serves as a base station communicating with others using NRF24s in a network. They are made for that sort of thing and the price and performance is about the same as HC-05.

I´m going to check the NRF24 then, thanks for the idea.

Nick_Pyner:
You can have a "network" of HC-05s but you have to have base Arduino control the slave.

This was my original thougt, if i have an Arduino for each slave this may work?

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

It includes an example for a master and 2 slaves that can easily be extended to a larger number of slaves.

...R

Robin2:
Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial.

It includes an example for a master and 2 slaves that can easily be extended to a larger number of slaves.

...R

I will! Thanks :slight_smile:

tomito:
if i have an Arduino for each slave this may work?

Yes, but read reply #5 first. Arduinos are required in both instances. Another option altogether is to use ESP-01s instead, which may not require Arduinos.

Nick_Pyner:
Yes, but read reply #5 first. Arduinos are required in both instances. Another option is ESP-01s, which may not require Arduinos.

That could be a bit confusing because Reply #5 is about nRF24 wireless.

Using ESP8266 modules you would not need either Arduino or nRF24. If the OP wishes to consider using ESP8266s then this may be of interest ESP8266 with ESP-NOW as an alternative to nRF24L01+

...R

Nick_Pyner:
Yes, but read reply #5 first. Arduinos are required in both instances. Another option altogether is to use ESP-01s instead, which may not require Arduinos.

Robin2:
That could be a bit confusing because Reply #5 is about nRF24 wireless.

Using ESP8266 modules you would not need either Arduino or nRF24. If the OP wishes to consider using ESP8266s then this may be of interest ESP8266 with ESP-NOW as an alternative to nRF24L01+

...R

Thanks for the answers. I'm starting to play a little with the RF (because i already have 2 modules from another proyect), but i definitely will take a look to the WiFi option :slight_smile:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjplteuxqbdAhVOdt4KHR4YBAkQFjAAegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftttapa.github.io%2FESP8266%2FChap01%20-%20ESP8266.html&usg=AOvVaw23hIXXZyWgotEobOyFW4fI

Nick_Pyner:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjplteuxqbdAhVOdt4KHR4YBAkQFjAAegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftttapa.github.io%2FESP8266%2FChap01%20-%20ESP8266.html&usg=AOvVaw23hIXXZyWgotEobOyFW4fI

Thank you very much!