Breadboard melting with multiple LED strips

I have 3 LED strip (SK6812, 5V), 3 meters each (around 450 pixels per strip).
Data pins are plugged directly to Arduino MKR Zero. I use an external 5V 3A power supply plugged into breadboard. To the breadboard I also plug the LEDs pwr and ground. That works but it melted the breadboard....

To prevent melting I tried plugging the LEDs' power and ground directly into the external power supply, the LED light up with strange glitches and crazy patterns, they are not responding to the program at all.

Why is that happening and how to resolve that issue?

Thank you

Imgur

Breadboards should not be used for currents much more than about 1 amp.

Have you connected a common ground?

Please post your images and other files on this web site, not links to external content.
How to post an image

There is no way to know what is on an external site and spammers and other with nefarious intent do put links here to dodgy stuff. Sure, that might not be what you are doing but there's no easy way to be sure, so the easy way for us to protect ourselves is to just not follow links to external sites.

Thank you.

PaulRB:
Breadboards should not be used for currents much more than about 1 amp.

Have you connected a common ground?

I am not sure what you mean :). LED strips' ground are all connected to external power supply.

karoathome:
I am not sure what you mean :). LED strips’ ground are all connected to external power supply.

But is the ground of these power supplies connected back to your Arduino ground.
At 60 mA per LED your power supply is vastly underrated for the job you need a bigger one. You also need to supply power directly to both ends of the strip, and where ever two strips join.
Imgur itself wants to infect my machines with all sorts of tracking cookies.

Data pins are plugged directly to Arduino MKR Zero.

That will not provide you with enough signal. You need a level shifter and not one designed for an I2C device. Use a 74HTC14 chip to do the shifting.

Grumpy_Mike:
Imgur itself wants to infect my machines with all sorts of tracking cookies.

Kind of the point of reply #2

Ho hum. :roll_eyes:
[

Expand<](https://i.imgur.com/KWVL32Z.jpg)
'tis a mess to be sure!

Just imagine what might happen if the power supply was rated for the current! 450 pixels - 25 Amps. :astonished: