Broken OLED screen or wrong Arduino/ bad code?

Hey guys, I am running a little 1.3" OLED screen off of an Arduino Micro, and am having trouble getting it to display properly, which I am not sure is down to either the display being broken (salvaged display), me using the wrong Arduino variant or maybe just down to bad programming.

Attached is a picture of the issue I am having with the screen, where it wont display using the full screen, instead it only uses the top 10ish rows of pixels and leaves the rest of the display looking strange.

I am running the 128*64 I2C example from the SSD1306 library (posting the code exceeded the character limit)

Anyone have any ideas or have come across something similar before?

Cheers for the help

Not familiar with OLED screens with bad timing etc. But is there a simple example code you could run to make the code less of a possible source of error?

I am running the 128*64 I2C example from the SSD1306 library

That should rule out any software issues.
What Arduino is that?
Does the back of that display have pull up resistors on the I2C lines?

Grumpy_Mike:
What Arduino is that?
Does the back of that display have pull up resistors on the I2C lines?

Running it off an Ardiuno Micro.

Honestly not to sure if there are pull up resistors there, I cant tell just from looking at it, and cant seem to find a datasheet online. Have attached a picture of the back of it in case it is pretty obvious.

JohnRob:
Not familiar with OLED screens with bad timing etc. But is there a simple example code you could run to make the code less of a possible source of error?

This was the simplest example I could find, it seems to be what a lot of people use as an example to showcase the screen as well.

20181203_124130[3755] (2).jpg

Vcc needs connecting to 3V3 not 5V. Also you have no pull up resistors so 3K3 pull ups are needed on both I2C lines.

It might still be broken though.