brushed vs brushless?

i need to control a car using arduino its about 20 pounds. should i use 6 brushed motors or 6 brushless motors? the brushless have many things that can go wrong, same as brushed motors, so which would be best to use?

Do you want it cheap or efficient?

Cheap = brushed (the controllers are cheaper)
Efficient = brushless (for the same weight and battery capacity, it will go futher.)

It also depends on what you can get easily. You may find that you can get one delivered faster than the other.

MorganS:
Do you want it cheap or efficient?

Cheap = brushed (the controllers are cheaper)
Efficient = brushless (for the same weight and battery capacity, it will go futher.)

It also depends on what you can get easily. You may find that you can get one delivered faster than the other.

i want to go brushless, already made the code but the problem is that is too hard to code, i need to activate reverse and to do that i need to buy something else, etc etc. so programming wise for my car, should i use brushless or brushed? i need it to be reliable, stable, and run as intended

masterfo:
i want to go brushless, already made the code but the problem is that is too hard to code, i need to activate reverse and to do that i need to buy something else, etc etc. so programming wise for my car, should i use brushless or brushed? i need it to be reliable, stable, and run as intended

For either brushed motors or brushless motors you will need some type of motor driver or electronic speed controller (ESC) to regulate power to the motors.

You will also find that brushless hobby motors will be either sensored and sensorless. A sensored motor will have hall effect sensors that can determine the rotors position and can commutate based on that input. They can run smoothly from standstill, you will see sensored motors in RC crawlers and cars that need precise slow speed control.

Sensorless motors determine the rotor position from back EMF , this control scheme only works when the motor is spinning a sufficient RPM. You will find these more in RC planes and multirotors. You can still use these for cars with the right gearing but precise control from 0 RPM is impossible.

A brushed system will feel more like a sensored brushless system. You will have power from 0 RPM.

In terms of reliability a well made brushed or brushless motor can have a very long life of service if they are kept clean and the bearings are replaced if they go bad. Brushes can be replaced.