Burning bootloader on Pro Micro.

I selected the wrong device when programming my 3.3V Pro Micro so I need to reload the bootloader. I followed the sets to using the UNO as an ISP

1. I copied the SF32u4_boards-master folder to the Arduino hardware folder.
  2. Following the instructions on burning the bootloader using an UNO as an ISP a. Open IDE b. Select UNO c. Upload the Arduino ISP sketch d. Select board to program; Sparkfun Pro Micro 3.3V/8MHz e. Select Comport; COM11 f. Select BurnBootLoader

After a short bit I get an error. Appreciate any help

***failed; avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 0xfe != 0xce avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Hi, I will not start a new topic, because I'exactly the same behavior.

I used a wrong board configuration for loading a new sketch, afterwards the board was "dead"

Then I used a second ProMicro 3V3 version as an ISP. programming the bootloader with Pro Micro 3V3 Processor config fails like described before. If I use the 5V Processor configuration the programming process is fine. (before I replaced the 5V/16Mhz boot image with the 3V3/8Mhz version Connecting the pro micro to an Win7 PC shows that hardware is detected as "unknown device". But I'm not able to assign the ProMico USB driver to this unkown devices.

Would be nice if somebody can provide some help