can I use NRF24L01 as substitute for HC-05 for range extension?

:slight_smile: can I use NRF24L01 as substitute for HC-05 for range extension!!!

Please tell us how far you can communicate with the HC05 and the distance you wish to communicate over.

The nRF24 uses 2.4GHz wireless just like Bluetooth so if the limitation is due to the frequency the change may not help. You can get high-power nRF24 modules with external antennas.

In general lower frequency wireless is better for longer distances - for example the HC12.

…R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

With over 176 posts, we expect some better information from you .
You should explain your project or needs and area details as well as frequency limits for wireless stuff.
(NOTE: Some areas have frequency limits defined by the govt do learn your area limits)

HC-05 is a bluetooth Serial Communication Module and Nrf uses SPI, you'll need to change your code as well as add a good 3.3v supply for Nrf and do wiring stuff.

I want a replacement for hc-05 as it is not accessible outside my room I want to control my project from other room one floor up or one floor down from my project but it does not connect to my phone. I have to go near to it to control so there is no fun of using hc-05 modules.
I will also show my program.
Suggest some good hardware to achieve this which can support simple program like Hc-05.
Otherwise I need to do some hardware hacks to achieve that but I keep priority to suggestions from this form thankyou...!

74younus:
I want a replacement for hc-05 as it is not accessible outside my room I want to control my project from other room one floor up or one floor down from my project but it does not connect to my phone.

So you want to control the 'project' from your phone ?

74younus:
I want to control my project from other room one floor up or one floor down from my project but it does not connect to my phone.

And an NRF24 won't either. You might try WiFi, at least your phone can understand that.

Everybody listen!
I want to use another technology in between to extend the range. The final device for me is again hc05 then my phone.
So I want a simple transceiver which has a good range .....!

srnet:
So you want to control the 'project' from your phone ?

Yes but I prefer Bluetooth not WiFi
I want to use rf jjust as range extender at the end I will couple rf receiver and BT to make signal in the form of bltooth.

74younus:
Everybody listen !

That's is not the best way to encourage people to help you.

Also I cannot understand what you are trying to say in Replies #6 and #7

One interpretation is that you plan to have an Arduino with a HC05 near your phone (let's call this ArduinoA) and also have a separate wireless link from that Arduino to the existing Arduino (let's call it ArduinoB).

That way ArduinoA can easily communicate with your phone using Bluetooth and can use another wireless technology to pass the message on to ArduinoB.

Is that what you have in mind?

...R

I dont understand what is being asked for either.

Robin2:
Please tell us how far you can communicate with the HC05 and the distance you wish to communicate over

Just inside and around my home

[/quote]

Robin2:
One interpretation is that you plan to have an Arduino with a HC05 near your phone (let's call this ArduinoA) and also have a separate wireless link from that Arduino to the existing Arduino (let's call it ArduinoB).

That way ArduinoA can easily communicate with your phone using Bluetooth and can use another wireless technology to pass the message on to ArduinoB.

Is that what you have in mind?

Yes you got that correct!
I want two wireless technologies to extend the range from arduino to my phone.
Like WiFi to Bluetooth , or rf to Bluetooth etc, .

Nick_Pyner:
And an NRF24 won't either. You might try WiFi, at least your phone can understand that.

Ok

I suspect the addition of external antennas will solve your problem. I see more than one result when I used Google to search HC-05 antenna.

Paul

74younus:
Yes you got that correct!
I want two wireless technologies to extend the range from arduino to my phone.
Like WiFi to Bluetooth , or rf to Bluetooth etc, .

First, let me say that if @Paul_KD7HB's suggestion in Reply #13 works then it would be the simplest solution.

If you want to go ahead with the concept I outlined in Reply #8 then there are some further details. You have told us already that you can't communicate from your phone to the Arduino with the HC05 when the Arduino is on the floor above you or below you.

That seems to mean that you will have to bring ArduinoA (in Reply #8) with you when you go upstairs or downstairs so it is always on the same floor as you and your phone. Is that OK?

...R

Robin2:
That seems to mean that you will have to bring ArduinoA (in Reply #8) with you when you go upstairs or downstairs so it is always on the same floor as you and your phone. Is that OK?

...R

No its OK now I can have arduino A and arduino B and your guess was correct.
And I need to do some work to choose antenna or use external antenna.
Thankyou !

Well now I know how you have more post count due to rude behaviour and less of information providing.

As of I could understand, adding antenna would be best otherwise for as simple as HC05 you could use a HC12 or 433MHz transmitter & receiver pair. Since they all work on Serial communication and would provide you enough range especially HC12.
This would save you wiring stuff since nrf requires minimum of 3 pins since it uses SPI protocol.
You would just need to modify your code and maybe use software serial on Arduino B if using a 328p based.

Otherwise you could choose esp8266 for wifi based controlling or use a nodemcu instead and connect to iftt applets and use BLYNK app on your phone. That way you can save a lot of hassle and control your project from anywhere over the internet.
Cheers :slight_smile:
(Add Karma if you like)

74younus:
Yes but arduinoB is not necessary instead of arduino B there is just my phone that is one arduino and a phone needs to communicate. Only the phone here is a moving object it can be near sometimes it can go far away but not more than 25-30 meters.

Then you must not have read my Reply #8 sufficiently clearly before you said, in Reply #11, that I had described things correctly.

Read Reply #8 again and let us know whether it really does describe what you have in mind. (By the way, in Reply #8 ArduinoB is your existing Arduino and ArduinoA is the new one that must be in the same room as the phone).

Until we understand what you are thinking about it is impossible to offer useful suggestions.

...R

Archut:
As of I could understand, adding antenna would be best otherwise for as simple as HC05 you could use a HC12 or 433MHz transmitter & receiver pair. Since they all work on Serial communication and would provide you enough range especially HC12.
This would save you wiring stuff since nrf requires minimum of 3 pins since it uses SPI protocol.
You would just need to modify your code and maybe use software serial on Arduino B if using a 328p based.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I find your suggestion for antenna is good no matter one or two arduinos I do have..! Than you all.. :slight_smile:
I hate blynk app as i find it difficult to understand its compatible arduino code. Moreover I only use my own built apps so that I know ABC and xyz if my project. I like simple arduino program indeed lengthy but easy to understand..!
And thanks for suggesting antennas.

What length should I choose for external antenna L/4..???
And what shape helical, straight wire......?