Can someone help me with the pinout of this MOSFET?

Hi,
I want to use a low cost, low RDSon, MOSFET for my project (LED-strips controlled by an Arduino). I stumbled across the WST2066 (https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/1809211428_Winsok-Semicon-WST2066_C148363.pdf) and I want to use it because it is very cheap yet quite good.
A weird question arised though: What's the pinout for this dual channel MOSFET?
There is no pinout to be found in the datasheet or in the schematics provided by LCSC. Googling "WST2066 pinout" doesn't even reveal any results (neither image nor normal search). Is there a general pinout for dual n-channel MOSFETs?
If there isn't, I can obviously revert back to some other (more expensive and mostly larger) MOSFETs but I'd like to keep things small if possible.
Bastian

I can't help with which pin in the diagram is what pin on the package.

But that strikes me as a strange configuration. I thought n-mosfets were usually used as low-side switches. If I'm right, then the sources would go to ground and thus could be joined in the chip, but the drains would need to be separate to connect to two loads.

Is that the right configuration for what you need to do?

wst2006.GIF

I'd expect it to look like two of these in parallel, sources both to ground?

wst2006.GIF

If you have one, then measure it with a DMM.

Two pins must be shorted (the common drains).
From there you can try to measure the two body diodes (the sources), assuming the fets are not conducting.
Use a test setup to find which gate belongs to which source.

Can't use the individual fets for low-side switching, because of the common drains.
These fets seems to be designed for back to back bi-directional switching.
Leo..

Ouch, yeah, you both are completely right. I thought about the configuration like three times and in the end I was wrong (and confused but I thought I had figured it out)... Thanks for pointing that out.

Bastian2001:
Hi,
I want to use a low cost, low RDSon, MOSFET for my project (LED-strips controlled by an Arduino). I stumbled across the WST2066 (https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/1809211428_Winsok-Semicon-WST2066_C148363.pdf) and I want to use it because it is very cheap yet quite good.
A weird question arised though: What’s the pinout for this dual channel MOSFET?
There is no pinout to be found in the datasheet or in the schematics provided by LCSC. Googling “WST2066 pinout” doesn’t even reveal any results (neither image nor normal search). Is there a general pinout for dual n-channel MOSFETs?
If there isn’t, I can obviously revert back to some other (more expensive and mostly larger) MOSFETs but I’d like to keep things small if possible.
Bastian

That part is supplied in a SOT-23-6L package and most of the dual mosfets I found online in that package all had the same pinout.

Try this:

6    5    4
 G1  D1/D2  G2
+-------------+
|             |
+-------------+
 S1  D1/D2  S2
  1    2    3

Connect an LED to the mosfet and drive the gate carefully with about a 10k resistor to see if the mosfets work (that is, do you have the correct pinout?).

Good luck!

sayHovis:
I can't help with which pin in the diagram is what pin on the package.

But that strikes me as a strange configuration. I thought n-mosfets were usually used as low-side switches. If I'm right, then the sources would go to ground and thus could be joined in the chip, but the drains would need to be separate to connect to two loads.

No, n-FETs are quite commonly used for every position in bridges, using bootstrapping gate drivers to deliver the gate voltage for the high-side FETs. The same manufacturer will no doubt have other topologies (for instance there are complete H-bridges using 4 n-FETS in 8-pin packages, ditto with 2 p-FETs and 2 n-FETs, but dual MOSFETs which form a half-H-bridge would only need 5 or 6 pin package like this)

Like for like n-FETs have 1/3rd the on-resistance of p-FETs of same geometry, which is why they are preferred for performance and cost reasons.