Can you export the graph from serial plotter?

Hi everyone.

I am not sure if this is possible or not, but I want to export the graph created by the Serial Plotter so I can analyze it. Is there any specific method to do it within Arduino, or do I need to bring it to an external app (for example, Processing)? If so, how would I export the graph from the other application?

Thanks. If you need me to post my code, I will do so.

I don’t think there is any mechanism to “save” the graph, other than a screen capture. It would be much better to save the data and analyze that.

I use a terminal program (Putty or TeraTerm) instead of the serial monitor, and instruct it to save to a log file. If you write data items separated by commas, you can save this file with a .csv extension, and read it directly into Excel.

CarGeek:
Hi everyone.

I am not sure if this is possible or not, but I want to export the graph created by the Serial Plotter so I can analyze it. Is there any specific method to do it within Arduino, or do I need to bring it to an external app (for example, Processing)? If so, how would I export the graph from the other application?

Thanks. If you need me to post my code, I will do so.

What have you tried? Is there an option you can pick that will do that? Did you look at the help files for an answer?

Paul

There are better options than the serial plotter, indeed I believe any option is better, and the serial plotter is a complete waste of time. I believe you are better off using a proper terminal programme like RealTerm to collect the data and send that file to whatever it is you intend to use for analysis. If that destination is Excel, you can use the PLX v2 macro to send the data to Excel direct and view live graphs therein.

Another option was LiveGraph, I think it came from University of Melbourne.