Car LCD display on Arduino?

Hello!

I would like to connect my Arduino Uno to an LCD COG screen that I took from a car (Iveco Daily, complete reference is COG-VLIT1500-03).

The screen has a 22 pins ribbon cable attached to it.

I am a beginner with Arduino, is there a way to use this screen to display basic characters?

If so, would you have hints on how to physically plug it to my Arduino Uno?

I heard about libraries, would it be necessary to find the right library for that case (and is it realistic to find one)?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Guidelines: Please read the advice in the topic "How to get the best from this forum". How to get the best out of this forum

Interesting project but we are not a free design / code writing service. We will help out with your code but first you have to make an attempt to write it, post it and explain what is not working properly. If there is hardware it is always best to post links to technical information as there are many versions of the same or different items. Since we cannot see your project, my eyes are to weak, you need to post an annotated schematic (best) or a clear picture of a drawing. Pictures never hurt. Frizzing diagrams are not considered schematics here.

I recommend you get a copy of the Arduino Cookbook and read it from cover to cover.

Hello Gilshultz,

Thanks for your answer. The issue is that I could not find any information at all on the screen.

I don't plan on using people as coders or anything, but at first I would have liked to know if it is feasible or not to plug this screen to an Arduino, with basically no info on that screen.

I have decided to buy an LCD screen eventually, I think it will be more efficient. :slight_smile:

This information will help.

I do not expect you to find a proper adapter to make it work. Also you need code and to write that you need technical information on the display. If you cannot get its data sheet put it in the corner and find something you can use.