Installed a new CNC shield V3 onto a new Arduino Uno and verified it was installed correctly . I have 12 volts (verified Pos and Neg installed correctly) to the the CNC shield power connector but can not get a voltage reading to the DRV8825 drivers (tested drivers on another board and they worked fine) and the LED’s on the Arduino are not lit up.
Does the CNC shield power the Arduino and should the LED be lit up or does the Arduino need a seperate power source? (LED’s light up when the Arduino powered directly)
Any thoughts on why I can not get a Vref voltage reading on the drivers when installed correctly on the CNC shield?
Please post a link to the CNC shield that you are using
The Shield does NOT power the Arduino and there is a very good reason for that as some are capable of up to 48 volts which would kill the Arduino underneath it.
You talk to the shield via a USB cable that also supplies the ARduino with the power it needs.
Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
- Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
- How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
- Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
- Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
- Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
- Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can