controling 4 servos with flash

hello,

i’m absolutely new to this and have some general questions for my project.
i want to control 4 servos with an air-application (flash as3) and need to know,
if this works:
i plan to buy the board (Arduino Mega2560 Rev3) and 4 motors (eg. Servo Module).
than i need to install the latest release of arduino, the thinkerproxy for OSX and
the as3glue as used in this tutorial, right?! http://www.kasperkamperman.com/blog/arduino/arduino-flash-communication-as3/

is there anybody who can tell me something about this. does it work? what kind of problems may occur?

thanks in advance!
best wishes!

i plan to buy the board (Arduino Mega2560 Rev3) and 4 motors (eg. Servo Module).

Why the Mega? Any Arduino can control 4 servos.

From your link:

The Firmata library is included with Arduino itself. Make sure you use Arduino 018 or higher, because the Firmata library included in version 017 is not stable.

Firmata doesn't work worth a damn on Megas, and there seems to be no interest in fixing it.

sub'ing to thread. a bit of a flash geek myself :~

never really made the jump to AS3, but still want to keep up.

fun project! good luck!

hey guys,

thanks for your replies! if firmata doesn't work on megas,
and other boards are able to handle 4 servos too, which one is recommended?!
@xl97 in case i am able to achieve something, i will post the source code
(if you are still interested in that)

thank you very much!
flo

From your link:

The Firmata library is included with Arduino itself. Make sure you use Arduino 018 or higher, because the Firmata library included in version 017 is not stable.

Update (12-05-10, v1.3): I’ve updated the code for the support of two servo motors (pin 9 and pin 10).
Update (17-09-10, v1.5): Program example simplified. Now executables included and hosted on Google code.
Update (11-02-11, v1.6): Program example included state-change example. Arduino UNO connection example in serialproxy.cfg.
Update (20-10-11, v2.0): Included support for the Arduino Mega in the program example. Thanks to Mochammad Effendi.

Arduino UNO

ok thank you very much. i think i'll give it a try.
hope you guys will help me on with future issues... :slight_smile:

thanks
flo