Could not unplug the cable from my microcontroller

So I just got my new microcontroller today and when I plug the cable into the power connector, I notice that whatever how hard I unplug it, the cable just stuck in the connector.

Is there any locker for the connector in terms of the connector so I cannot unplug it?

They use a standard USB connector, they should just unplug.

Perhaps if you show us a photo of the problem it might help.

Yeah it's a USB A cable, I'm afraid to unplug it too hard so my new stuff get damaged. Sorry I couldn't post image at the moment perhaps I'm new in this forum.

Bottom right of your post you should see MORE, click that and select MODIFY

You should then be able to edit your post and there should be Attachments and Options below where you edit it

Use Browse to find the image you want to upload. Note there is a limit on the size of the image file (I think it's 2MB, not sure)

The limitation for new people on here is you can only post every 5 minutes, you should still be able to upload an image.

Hopefully this time would work

Hmm...

Looks perfectly normal. You should be able to pull it out without too much difficulty. There is no lock to release or anything like that. I can only suggest you hold the connector rather than the board so as not to put any strain on the solder between the connector and the board.

Yeah that's what I'm doing, but for sure I couldn't unplug it even my fingers are pain for pulling it XP

In that case, sorry, I have no more suggestions. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

Sorry I can't be any more help :frowning:

no worry you really tried to help.

The picture shows the metal shielding has a fracture. Is this the very first time you plugged in the USB connector? Is the board new? If so, there seems to be a manufacturing problem and the board should be returned for a replacement.
Paul

Paul,
I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't see a fracture in the photo and it looks like the one on my Uno.

PerryBebbington:
Paul,
I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't see a fracture in the photo and it looks like the one on my Uno.

When I finish my coffee, I'll go get my UNO from the shop and compare to the photo. I was looking at the jagged line on the side of the shielding.
Paul

OK. got the Arduino and the matching cable. I was looking at the joint in the shielding where the top is overlapping the side. The Chinese are so clever!
The cable connector has bumps on the side that engage the two springs inside the board connector and the whole thing is rather much more difficult to remove than the miniature USB connectors. Also the QC on the plastic center part of the connectors may not be 100%.
My suggestion is hold the Arduino connector with the fingers of one hand and just pull the connector out. It has to come as there is no positive latching mechanism.
Maybe get someone to pull the connector while you hold!
Paul

Hi @mrkiba. Is this a USB cable you got from the Arduino store or included with your Uno in a kit, or is it just some random USB cable you had on hand or purchased from another source?

pert:
Hi @mrkiba. Is this a USB cable you got from the Arduino store or included with your Uno in a kit, or is it just some random USB cable you had on hand or purchased from another source?

Hi Pert,

Yes, all stuff is from the online store of Arduino. The cable and Arduino UNO are from the starter kit.

Paul_KD7HB:
The picture shows the metal shielding has a fracture. Is this the very first time you plugged in the USB connector? Is the board new? If so, there seems to be a manufacturing problem and the board should be returned for a replacement.
Paul

Hi Paul,
Exactly this was the first time I use the board and the cable and certainly to say they are both from the starter kit I bought from Arduino online store. I've contacted the staff and they said they'd help to replace a new one.
the thing is, I'm in Australia and there's no official store here, instead, agencies sell the kit at a much higher price than the official one even the delivery fee are counted. I've waited for my package for more than one month and seems like I have to wait for another month for a replacement. sigh

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.