USB Cable Stuck on Arduino UNO

Hi everyone, I got an Arduino UNO today and after trying out a few scripts I wanted to remove the USB cable from the arduino USB port. No matter what I do I cannot remove it... Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Exogenesis42: Hi everyone, I got an Arduino UNO today and after trying out a few scripts I wanted to remove the USB cable from the arduino USB port. No matter what I do I cannot remove it... Is this a common problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?Thanks!

It should pull straight out, although a bit of pressure is needed sometimes. You're not doing anything wrong. Just pull harder.

As OldSteve says.

Just a note that if you have to use 'extreme' force to remove it, try to 'clamp' the on-board connector (finger on top of it, other finger underneath the board, apply pressure) so you don't have a chance of pulling cable [u]and[/u] on-board connector from the board.

I don't say that it easily happens but I'm always a little worried that when I remove a tight connector from it's socket I will damage the board.

sterretje: As OldSteve says.

Just a note that if you have to use 'extreme' force to remove it, try to 'clamp' the on-board connector (finger on top of it, other finger underneath the board, apply pressure) so you don't have a chance of pulling cable [u]and[/u] on-board connector from the board.

I don't say that it easily happens but I'm always a little worried that when I remove a tight connector from it's socket I will damage the board.

Good point. I always try to hold the USB connector and not just the board too.

It did indeed require 'extreme' force. One of the two internal clasps was stuck against the USB cable - had to twist and pull very hard to finally get it off.

I ended up filing the notch on the USB quite a bit to prevent the issue from reoccurring.

Thanks!

1 Like

I also had the problem, but @Exogenesis42’s tip to give it a little twist while pulling is what helped me out

1 Like