Dark theme woes

I recently upgraded to the current IDE version 1.8.10 and neglected to save a copy of my dark theme file. I thought I had a backup but can't find it. So, I went to the interweb to find something similar and got pretty close. There's this - GitHub - per1234/ino-themes at themeDark-Jerware but it doesn't render on my screen as shown at the link. What I mean is the example shows yellow numerals while on my screen all the numerals and bracketing characters (){}/ are black and I can't figure out which value in theme.txt (attached) I need to change. The filename tabs at the top are useless, too, but I can attend to that later.

jerware dark theme.PNG

I've gone back and forth changing settings and so far no joy. I've also tried several other theme files with the same negative result. I suspect the difficulty is that it's so simple I can't see it.

Any clues to be had?

jerware dark theme.PNG

theme.txt (3.05 KB)

The problem is that you only installed the theme.txt file. You forgot to install theme/syntax/default.xml. Install that file, then restart the Arduino IDE and it will look just like the screenshot:

If you end up wanting to modify some elements of the theme still, I have written some documentation about the Arduino IDE's theme system, as well as a library that helps to test all elements of custom themes:

pert:
The problem is that you only installed the theme.txt file. You forgot to install theme/syntax/default.xml. Install that file, then restart the Arduino IDE and it will look just like the screenshot:

Aaargh! It’s so easy when one follows the instructions exactly.

Thanks and Karma++