driver dependency in arduino mega r3

Hi, I have an Arduino MEGA R3 and I have a problem. In some installations of Windows (win7) when I try to install the driver throws me the following error:

“The system can not find the file specified”

It looks something like this (but instead of “USB Composite Device” is “Arduino MEGA r3”)

Is there any way to know which files are missing?

PD: I attach the driver I’m using.

Greetings!

Arduino MEGA 2560 REV3.inf (3.25 KB)

Installing drivers for the Arduino Uno or Arduino Mega 2560 with Windows 7, Vista, or XP:

Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin it's driver installation process. After a few moments, the process will fail, despite its best efforts Click on the Start Menu, and open up the Control Panel. While in the Control Panel, navigate to System and Security. Next, click on System. Once the System window is up, open the Device Manager. Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named "Arduino UNO (COMxx)". If there is no COM & LPT section, look under "Other Devices" for "Unknown Device". Right click on the "Arduino UNO (COmxx)" port and choose the "Update Driver Software" option. Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option. Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named "arduino.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download (not the "FTDI USB Drivers" sub-directory). If you are using an old version of the IDE (1.0.3 or older), choose the Uno driver file named "Arduino UNO.inf" Windows will finish up the driver installation from there.

http://arduino.cc/en/guide/windows

zaxarias: Installing drivers for the Arduino Uno or Arduino Mega 2560 with Windows 7, Vista, or XP:

Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin it's driver installation process. After a few moments, the process will fail, despite its best efforts Click on the Start Menu, and open up the Control Panel. While in the Control Panel, navigate to System and Security. Next, click on System. Once the System window is up, open the Device Manager. Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named "Arduino UNO (COMxx)". If there is no COM & LPT section, look under "Other Devices" for "Unknown Device". Right click on the "Arduino UNO (COmxx)" port and choose the "Update Driver Software" option. Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option. Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named "arduino.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download (not the "FTDI USB Drivers" sub-directory). If you are using an old version of the IDE (1.0.3 or older), choose the Uno driver file named "Arduino UNO.inf" Windows will finish up the driver installation from there.

http://arduino.cc/en/guide/windows

Hi, thanks for responding. I've tried to tell me that, but it depends on the installation of WINDOWS. Would need to know which files are needed for installation of the driver (apart. Inf)

queen_store: Hi, thanks for responding. I've tried to tell me that, but it depends on the installation of WINDOWS. Would need to know which files are needed for installation of the driver (apart. Inf)

As far as i know none... That's the driver you need for the installation.. You can verify that with the link i 've posted in the previous post..

zaxarias:

queen_store: Hi, thanks for responding. I've tried to tell me that, but it depends on the installation of WINDOWS. Would need to know which files are needed for installation of the driver (apart. Inf)

As far as i know none... That's the driver you need for the installation.. You can verify that with the link i 've posted in the previous post..

Apparently other files are needed because in some installations of windows installation is perfect but sometimes the error I mentioned appears

I guess you did't read what i posted earlier...

1..Installing drivers for the Arduino Uno or Arduino Mega 2560 with Windows 7, Vista, or XP 2..Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin it's driver installation process. 3..After a few moments, the process will fail, despite its best efforts 4..Right click on the "Arduino UNO (COmxx)" port and choose the "Update Driver Software" option. 5..Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option. 6..Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named "arduino.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download

Do you follow exactly those steps above ? 8) if you manage to find any other drivers available except from those please let me know.. :~ :~

zaxarias: I guess you did't read what i posted earlier...

1..Installing drivers for the Arduino Uno or Arduino Mega 2560 with Windows 7, Vista, or XP 2..Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin it's driver installation process. 3..After a few moments, the process will fail, despite its best efforts 4..Right click on the "Arduino UNO (COmxx)" port and choose the "Update Driver Software" option. 5..Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option. 6..Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named "arduino.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download

Do you follow exactly those steps above ? 8) if you manage to find any other drivers available except from those please let me know.. :~ :~

I followed your steps with care, but does not work. Finally I found the solution in http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic, 98697.0.html. The problem is that (I do not know why) some Windows installations come without file "usbser.sys".

Thank you!

I am not able to upload any code to my Mega board even after selecting the ryt board and COM port. The Tx pin is continuously blinking and not responding. Any solutions?