DRV8834 stepper motor not working

Hello,
At the beginning I want to apologize if I make any mistakes in english, I’m not a native speaker.
Recentlly I bought DRV8834 stepper motor driver (Pololu - DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier) to control stepper motor. Unfortunelly motor haven’t run or only made few steps when voltage was supplied and then stopped making some noise ocassionaly . I used minimal wiring diagram from polulu page. I also set up current limitation as shown in polulu video. What I’m using in this project is:
-Arduino Uno Rev3 (powered by USB)

• Stepper motor JK42HM48-0806 (400 steps, 6V, 0.8A)
  • DRV8834 from polulu (powered from arduino 5V pin)
  • Li-Pol Redox 1300mAh 7,4V 20C for motor power supply

I’m not an expert but I have theory that DRV8834 can’t “push” enoguh current to motor. I have tried to adjust current limitation but it didn’t changed anything. For me the weirdest thing is that sometimes motor is buzzing like he wants to make a step but it doesn’t and then motor just goes silent.

Code:

#include <AccelStepper.h>

AccelStepper stepper(1,2,3); // Defaults to AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE (4 pins) on 2, 3, 4, 5

void setup()
{  
   stepper.setMaxSpeed(1000);
   stepper.setSpeed(50);	
}

void loop()
{  
   stepper.runSpeed();
}

Circuit:

Show the wiring diagram and post the code

It is very important that the coil current limit be adjusted properly.

Did you ohm out the coils of the motor to make sure that it is connected to the driver properly?

Disconnecting or connecting the motor while power is supplied will damage the driver. Are you sure that that did not happen, even accidentally, by a poor connection? For instance, with a bread board.

That driver can supply up to 1.5 A per phase so the 0.8A motor should be no problem.

Post a photo of your wiring as well as a schematic (hand drawn, photographed and posted is fine).

Code:

Wiring part 1:

Wiring part2:

Wiring part 3:

Also Vref for current limit:

Yes I do, also datasheet indicates cabel colors for each coil so I'm pretty sure that coils are connected correctly.

You can see my wiring on photos above, I think that this connections are pretty solid. I can't recall situation when I disconnected motor by myself but there is always chance that I didn't noticed this.

Hi,
To add code please click this link;

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Thanks for advice with code, I edited my post and I pasted the code and circuit from Eagle there.

Hi @kapp7767

Please do not go back and edit your old posts, it disrupts the flow of the thread and can confuse anyone reading it later.
Always post new/edited material in a new post?

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Hi,
Do you have a DMM?

Tom.. :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Yes I have

Hi,
Can you measure the stepper supply voltage when you try to drive the stepper?

Thanks.. Tom.... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia: