Ethernet Shield pins

Hello, I have a quick question about the Ethernet shield. So i want to have it in a different location then right on top of the arduino. Is it possible that only the back block of six pins The ones that is 2 rows of 3 pin is all it needs to run or does it really need all the pins including those back ones? Thanks :smiley:

Sorry for the bad quality of pictures, they were 18MB files and had to bring them down to 1MB each so the quality changed dramatically :stuck_out_tongue: And they are copies because I didn't want to change the originals haha

The 2x3 block serves power and SPI bus, you still need to account for the pins called in your code - maybe pins 4 and 10. There is nothing wrong with the pictures and no evidence of a dramatic change, although it would have been courteous to crop out the junk

Nick_Pyner:
The 2x3 block serves power and I2C bus

No.

Nick_Pyner:
........although it would have been courteous to crop out the junk

Lol you're funny, There is nothing in the picture except what im asking about and a pair of helping hands that doesn't obstruct anything. Thanks for the info, and thanks for being sarcastic :slight_smile: You such a kewl person

I’m just gonna Stick it on the board thru the box that I made…

That sounds more like what God and Arduino intended, but it can be quite practical to use other configurations.

Nick_Pyner:
That sounds more like what God and Arduino intended, but it can be quite practical to use other configurations.

Haha! No Kidding