Exoskeleton Arm Control

Hello All!

I am doing the beginning phases of designing an upper body exoskeleton. I will be using motor 1 to control curling motion of the arm and motor 2 to control the upwards lifting of the whole arm. There will be an actuator to o the side to side motion of the arm. I plan to use a joystick to control the motors with a rocker switch to control the actuator. My idea is to have forward/backward on the joystick be curling up/down of the arm and have side to side motion of the joystick be lifting/lowering of the whole arm. The rocker is planned to be used for the actuator. I plan to use an arduino to control both a left and right arm. I am new to arduino so I am unsure on how to go about the wiring/hardware/programming for this project. I am a college student but this is a personal project. Any help is appreciated. Concerning the model, I do plan to have a right arm on the opposite side of the frame. I am planning to incorporate an MSA SCBA harness as a mounting platform as this is going to be designed for trials in a firefighting setting so the frame isn't entirely accurate as of yet.

Here is the motor I plan to use.

It is item #BLWR235S-36V-4000-03

And here is the actuator.
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/12v-dc-2-in-stroke-270-lb-linear-actuator/A-p8507808e

Any structural suggestions are welcome as well.
Thank you!