feasibility question, plotting and MIDI

I have not used any Arduino hardware before. I am trying to set up a project that runs a math feedback loop, plots the result of each iteration, generates hexadecimal #'s relating to note-on/off midi, and sends that to a midi device. I'm thinking an Arduino unit might be the easiest solution rather than working thru a Mac, either in IOS or a language like Python from the terminal. Anyone have any advice?

THe goal is a bit vague to me but as far as I understand this is very well possible with Arduino.

My advice is take a week to go through the tutorials to get familiar with the language constructs of Arduino and you will recognize the parts you need.

The code part is fairly straightforward, a skeleton to start

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(31250); // midi speed
}

void loop()
{
   int midiValue = f();

midiSend(midiValue);

delay(100); // optional
}

int f()
{
   // you math goes in here
  return 42;
}

void midiSend(int v)
{
   Serial.write(v); // this is too simplistic, but note you should use write not print to send bytes.
   // ...
}

Thanks for the reply! The end result I am looking for is to both visualize and hear non-linear dynamical systems looping in real time. I just needed to know if this was a possible way to proceed. I've been having a hard time finding a way to loop some math to get a feedback loop going, graph it then send a midi command to the USB port of a Mac. I pursued this years ago on an Atari 1040 which had a midi out port so it was easy. I'll put the time in now that I know this is a possible way to proceed.