Font on UTFT

Greatings .

I need some bigger font for my display .
Now i use SevenSegment96x144Num .
But that font is small for my display .
Have some one bigger 7segment font .
I try to make myself but on the utft page i get error for my photo , they say
this error There is a problem with the dimensions of the image...
Now some one which dimensionm must be photo ???

Thank you

Google "UTFT Font" and you get download fonts page as the very first hit.

David.

david_prentice:
Google "UTFT Font" and you get download fonts page as the very first hit.

David.

you didnt understud me , i need bigeer fonts than thats on page ,
the biggest is 96x144 but I need biger

How big do you want it?
There is a SixteenSegment96x144Num on that page.

From memory, Mr Karlsen has a page of weird and wonderful User contributed Fonts somewhere.

If you can't find a ready-made Font:
Use a Font Editor to multiply the size of an existing font.

Quite honestly, when you get to monster Seven Segment, you might just as well have a function to draw the seven individual segments with regular graphics. And a table to say which segments you want to be drawn.

David.

david_prentice:
How big do you want it?
There is a SixteenSegment96x144Num on that page.

From memory, Mr Karlsen has a page of weird and wonderful User contributed Fonts somewhere.

If you can't find a ready-made Font:
Use a Font Editor to multiply the size of an existing font.

Quite honestly, when you get to monster Seven Segment, you might just as well have a function to draw the seven individual segments with regular graphics. And a table to say which segments you want to be drawn.

David.

how can I make Sevensegment font with this resolution 96x144 ???

The website has got a ready-made SevenSegment96x144Num.

He also has a Font Editor Utility.
I have never used it. There are several Free Editors available.

David.

david_prentice:
The website has got a ready-made SevenSegment96x144Num.

He also has a Font Editor Utility.
I have never used it. There are several Free Editors available.

David.

sorry i make mistake not 96x144 i need 128x192
i try with 96x144 its good but small for my aplication
and have you some idea for rotation of number with utft

UTFT can use PORTRAIT or LANDSCAPE mode.

UTFT can print text at different angles. -90 or +90 degrees look ok. 45 or 60 degree text looks horrible.

Have you thought of reading the UTFT.pdf document that comes with your Library installation?

Are you serious about 128x192? that is 3x1 digits on a 480x320 screen. Or 6x2 on a 800x480 screen.
If you do have a hi-res screen, would you not prefer an attractive Font?

David.

david_prentice:
UTFT can use PORTRAIT or LANDSCAPE mode.

UTFT can print text at different angles. -90 or +90 degrees look ok. 45 or 60 degree text looks horrible.

Have you thought of reading the UTFT.pdf document that comes with your Library installation?

Are you serious about 128x192? that is 3x1 digits on a 480x320 screen. Or 6x2 on a 800x480 screen.
If you do have a hi-res screen, would you not prefer an attractive Font?

David.

I make a font with resolution 128x192 , i make some aplication for elevator display and I need big font .

Sorry for late answer. You can create a font of any size for UTFT using this tool:

You must first convert the any font to Adobe BDF format using FontForge:
http://fontforge.github.io/faq.html#outline-bitmap

Hello. I want to make a large font working with the UTFT library. Would someone advise me. How to do it. Which font converter is best to use

You visit the RinkyDink website and select one of the contributed UTFT fonts.

It is a lot of work to design your own font from scratch.
But relatively easy to choose an existing font in any non-UTFT format. And convert to UTFT format.

David.

I don't like any font on this page. How do I convert other fonts to UTFT fonts? Maybe I can tell you how to do it.It needs font numbers from 0 to 9 and characters -. +

From memory, UTFT only supports monospaced fonts. And they have to use multiples of 8 pixel width e.g. 8x8, 8x12, 16x16, ...

Some of the contributed fonts are quite attractive.
There is a Font Maker utility on the UTFT website

There is a third-party UTFT extension that supports variable width fonts.

David.

I tried this program from this site but I can't create a font. So some of the fonts on this site are good but they don't contain characters -. : Maybe you can see what other utft libraries could be used. I have a 3.5 inch display for the arduino mega with ILI 9486

Go on. You have a PC. Say which PC font is similar to what you want. Say which particular letter(s) you would like to add or change.

If you are from France, Greece, Russia, China, ... you probably want some different characters than you get in the standard ADCII set.

David.

I want to add a minus dot and a plus . This is the font SevenSeg_XXXL_Num from the page Rinky-Dink Electronics

It is pretty simple to copy one of the digits 3 times. And edit each bitmap by hand for +, -, .

David.

How to do it. I've never done it.
Maybe you could give me a guide. I would be very grateful

Look on the UTFT website. It shows you how to create fonts. e.g. Rinky-Dink Electronics

But you could simply inspect your current one. And add extra letters by hand.

Or you draw your own graphics for +, -, .

David.