Getting "No such file or directory" although it exists such file in Arduino IDE

Hi!

I have recently purchased 2.8" TFT LCD Touch Shield for Display and I have attached that shield on my ChipKIT Uno32. I am working in the Arduino IDE 1.6.6.

I have installed the "ChipKIT Core" to the Arduino IDE and I know it works since I can choose "ChipKIT Uno32" in the Tools bar.

Anyway, I have downloaded the UTFT library which is supposed to work for this touch shield together with ChipKIT Uno32, but I get the error message that says:

"C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries\UTFT\examples\chipKit\UTFT_Bitmap\UTFT_Bitmap.pde:13:18: fatal error: UTFT.h: No such file or directory"

But I know that the UTFT.h exists, because I have checked in the UTFT library (which actually had codes) that I have downloaded from Internet and uploaded it to the Arduino IDE. This is the site, from which I have downloaded the UTFT library:

http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php

I am not experienced hardware programmer, I am total beginner when it comes to this so that you will be aware of that.

All help will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

/lokomotiv

and uploaded it to the Arduino IDE.

What does this mean? The EXACT steps you performed would be necessary to (uselessly) recreate the problem.

It is NOT necessary to use the IDE to install a library. Simply unzip the file in the proper place and start the IDE.

PaulS:
What does this mean? The EXACT steps you performed would be necessary to (uselessly) recreate the problem.

It is NOT necessary to use the IDE to install a library. Simply unzip the file in the proper place and start the IDE.

“Sketch”->“Include library”->“add .ZIP Library”

What exactly do you mean with “the proper place”, in which to unzip the file?

/lokomotiv

What exactly do you mean with "the proper place", in which to unzip the file?

You have a folder where you store your sketches. There is, or should be, a libraries folder in that folder. The zip file needs to be unzipped in the libraries folder.

I'm going to guess that there are additional folders in the zip file that are incorrect, thus the import process doesn't create the library or libraries at the proper level.