Getting started with Pro-Micro?

Hello,

Did you solve your initial problem?

I had something similar, and after searching a bit a found the solution and some explanation. Just check this link:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pro-micro--fio-v3-hookup-guide#troubleshooting-and-faq

I hope it helps.

I certainly hope that @xl97 got it fixed in the last 3 years :wink:

HA!

I totally forgot all about this project! (it was for an april fools day joke!)

Pro-Micro + ESP8266 module..

Pro-Micro physically connected to 'targets' machine...
ESP set up as active portal..

We would connect to the ESP with our phones (as it was broadcasting its own SSID to connect to).. at that point.. any page we tried to open in our browser(s) ... just served up the webpage I wrote.

(simple HTML/CSS)

Just had some links/buttons.. that did pre-coded actions!~ minimize to desktop was a good one)..

open notepad,...type custom words..

open a new tab and go to a pre-found Rick-Roll URL!

I actually turned it into a scam/spoof device as a proof of concent to my co-workers who couldnt understand the power of this little $3.00 device! LOL


details removed as to NOT promote this fun but naughty behavior! :slight_smile: