How can I increase the sound of the buzzer?

I'm trying to increase the sound of the buzzer

A simple way I think is to increase the voltage, but currently this method is not available

How can I increase the sound of the buzzer

I am using the circuit below

Passive piezo buzzers typically have a resonant frequency in the audio range and will be loudest when driven at the resonant frequency. 2 kHz is common, but you may have to experiment.

Hi, @ahendml
Welcome to the forum.

Can you post an image of your "buzzer", there are many types/makes.

If you just apply power dies it "buzz" or do you have to apply a pulsing signal to get the sound?

What values are the resistors?
What is the "reset" resistor supposed to do?

Thanks.. Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Currently working with a pulse signal and
The resistor value is 10k, the reset resistor value is 1k

Hi, @ahendml

Try lowering the base resistor from 10K to 2K2 or 1K0.
You may not be saturating the BJT enough fully turn it ON.
What is the supply voltage to the Piezo?

What model is your controller?
3V3 or 5V logic?

What is the duty cycle of your pulsed signal?
Can you please post your code?

Thanks.. Tom.. :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

1 Like

You're wrong.
If you use the toneAC library, and connect the piezo between two pins, then you have twice the voltage on the piezo. No transistor needed, assuming it's a true piezo.
Leo..

1 Like

We dont know which device you are using.
There are two main kinds of "buzzer" - one that sounds a tone when dc is connected to it, and the other requires an input signal.

There are also electromechanical buzzers
https://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp-pro/mckpx-g1205ub-k4066/magnetic-buzzertransducer/dp/SN36943

and piezo buzzers which have different input requirements.
https://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mckpr3-g4210-4136/piezo-buzzer/dp/1756486?gross_price=true

Please provide a link to the actual device you are using. Like this

Where you install the buzzer also matters - if it can sit on a piece of wood tightly for example you ll get a better sound than if it’s just up in the air

What's the use of that reset resistor?

Some types of buzzer can perform better when driven by an H bridge (motor driver or similar) which reverses the polarity at a chosen frequency. However, this is not appropriate for all types. I once used, incidentally, a defective sugar cube relay as quite an effective buzzer by driving it at around 50Hz.

Because a piezo is basically a capacitor.
The transistor charges the capacitor, and that's it. No more sound.
The resistor is there to discharge the cap during the passive part of the square wave,

A better solution is a push-pull stage (two transistors).
An even better solution is an H-bridge (toneAC, post#6).

A 100 ohm resistor (100ohm to 1k)) in series with the piezo is recommended.
This reduces the capacitive load on the Arduino pin, and makes the sound smoother.
Leo..

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.