How do I control an unidentified cell phone, graphic color LCD display?

I found a cell phone in the grass on the side of the road while I was going fishing, (hobby #2) so I brought it home tested the cell phone and it worked but its battery died 15 minutes after a full charge. So I took it apart, looking for an OLED display, but instead I found a graphic color LCD. No big deal... However when I typed in its identification code in Google I found no relevant results on any of the 3 pages. Plus when I shortened the code the only result that was any good was some .pdf images of some documentation of the display, but all of it was in Chinese!!! So I want to know how, if without any documentation, I can control this LCD? This is what I know: • LCD has 14 pins on a flexible strip. • Pins 13 & 14 are connected and are Gnd. • The LCD has a white backlight. • The LCD is a Graphic LCD. • The LCD is a Color LCD. • The Cell Phone it came out of was labeled: LG 300G (Net10). • LCD’s viewing area was about 1.45”x1.45”. • LCD had these codes on it: o 1142034311-V2 o LM15TGFNZ29-03

Oh and by the way the LCD is likely not a Serial as it has no IC's on it anywhere

These sorts of displays are designed to be driven by a dedicated drivers built in to the processor hardware. Unfortunately you have little or no chance of using an arduino to do this because you simply do not have enough memory to do this. It is common that LCD graphics display have little documentation. Most have a very limited life time where you actually buy them.

[quote author=TECH GEEK link=topic=57652.msg414306#msg414306 date=1302023598] Oh and by the way the LCD is likely not a Serial as it has no IC's on it anywhere [/quote]

Don't rule out serial too quickly. If the TFT has a thin black strip at one side next to the glass then there's likely a COG mount IC behind it.

With only 14 pins it's almost certainly an MPU interface. If you really want to hack it you'll need to buy yourself a logic analyser and be prepared to invest much time and effort. Could be fun though.

Update: only 3 pins one of which is grounded so 2 pins to control the lcd... the rest of the 14 pins are not connected.

how can i contol this lcd?

can anyone help me with this?

Grumpy_Mike:
These sorts of displays are designed to be driven by a dedicated drivers built in to the processor hardware. Unfortunately you have little or no chance of using an arduino to do this because you simply do not have enough memory to do this.
It is common that LCD graphics display have little documentation. Most have a very limited life time where you actually buy them.

oH , O, looks like no chances here for me too :S canot find datasheet -

for this screen FLY IQ445 Genius (:smiley: unknown manufacturers )

bbc14a97ba7bfab03e0de691d43be0f6.jpg

You are wasting your time. If you even had the datasheet, the Arduino would not be powerful enough to drive the LCD (it's too slow and have too little memory)

// Per.

[quote author=TECH GEEK link=msg=424795 date=1303311467] can anyone help me with this?

[/quote]

I suspect many responses here are wrong. These colour displays typically use chip on glass technology so all the control and memory is there in the display module.

Are you sure you have identified the cable correctly, I suspect you have only identified the ribbon that drives the backlight LEDs and/or handles the touch screen (narrow cable bottom right of display).

Typically these displays have a much wider flexi PCB coming off the glass like this one, viz the the thin brown ribbon near the keypad.