How do I get a buzzer to work with this?

Hi, I'm making a small program to make a LED transmit the SOS signal (I'm new to this) and I was wondering how I could add a buzzer? Every tutorial I've seen wants me to put the ground cable somewhere else, but if I move it, the LED won't work. I haven't experimented yet because I worried I'll break something or set the board on fire if I use the wrong resistor...

Wiring:

Arduino GND- Negative rail
Arduino 12- Breadboard e15
220 ohms resistor: Negative rail- e13
LED short leg: d13
LED long leg: d15

Sorry, I don't know how to make those diagrams so a description is gonna have to do.

Luxbris:
Sorry, I don't know how to make those diagrams so a description is gonna have to do.

Do you lack a pencil and paper?

Why would you move the ground somewhere else as opposed to adding ANOTHER ground from the ground rail to the component? Ground is a common circuit, where all the circuits must end. The current in each circuit is different, and must be dealt with separately.

Well, I took a picture. My camera’s super bad quality, but hopefully you can make it out.

Luxbris:
Well, I took a picture. My camera's super bad quality, but hopefully you can make it out.

A photograph taken from above the Arduino Clone and the breadboard would have been more helpful.

A link to the tutorials that you are looking at would have been helpful.

A link to the description of the buzzer that you want to use would be helpful.

As someone has all ready mentioned a scan of a pencil and paper drawing would have been more helpful.
Even a photograph of a pencil drawn diagram would have been more helpful.

I did figure it out from your word description.

Without knowing more about the buzzer it is impossible to provide any further insight into how to proceed.

artisticforge:
Without knowing more about the buzzer it is impossible to provide any further insight into how to proceed.

It’s just an ordinary buzzer. I got it with a kit that describes the buzzer as “BUZZER: It just buzzes”.
It doesn’t say anything more than that.

It's just an ordinary buzzer.

No such thing in electronics, you have to be more specific. Does it buzz when you connect it up to a battery? Or does it need to be connected to an Arduino pin to sound?

Grumpy_Mike:
No such thing in electronics, you have to be more specific. Does it buzz when you connect it up to a battery? Or does it need to be connected to an Arduino pin to sound?

Looks to me like it slots into the breadboard.

Sorry not good enough that does not answer my question. Try connecting it to a battery and tell us if you don’t know.

Grumpy_Mike:
Sorry not good enough that does not answer my question. Try connecting it to a battery and tell us if you don’t know.

It doesn't connect to a battery.

Luxbris:
Looks to me like it slots into the breadboard.

Could you at least take a picture of the buzzer?

How many pins are on the buzzer?
What kit did it come from?

You need to show that you are helping yourself.

artisticforge:
Could you at least take a picture of the buzzer?

How many pins are on the buzzer?
What kit did it come from?

You need to show that you are helping yourself.

Sorry, buzzers way to small to take a picture that you'd actually be able to see the pins.

2 pins
Utronix Beginners Arduino Projects Series 2

Luxbris:

Yes it does everything can be connected together. You are not showing much, of what I would say, gumption.

Luxbris:

i would guess that if you were to use wires with alligator clips on both ends and connect one end to the buzzer and the other and to the + or - of a AAA or AA battery it would either buzz or not.

artisticforge:
i would guess that if you were to use wires with alligator clips on both ends and connect one end to the buzzer and the other and to the + or - of a AAA or AA battery it would either buzz or not.

I don't have any alligator clips.

Grumpy_Mike:
Yes it does everything can be connected together. You are not showing much, of what I would say, gumption.

I've only just got this kit as a christmas present. Jeez, gimme a break.

Luxbris:
Sorry, buzzers way to small to take a picture that you'd actually be able to see the pins.

2 pins
Utronix Beginners Arduino Projects Series 2

Is this the kit that you have?

Arduino Starter Kit + Projects

artisticforge:
Is this the kit that you have?

Arduino Starter Kit + Projects

Yeah.

Luxbris:
I don't have any alligator clips.

I've only just got this kit as a christmas present. Jeez, gimme a break.

Okay, think outside the box.
Replace the LED with the buzzer. I know novel idea.
Does the buzzer buzz?

You can wire the buzzer in parallel or serial to the LED.

Luxbris:
Yeah.

I know it is not the modern vogue thing to do but can you at least use "Yes" and "No".

gimme a break.

Give us a break, we are not mind readers.
So have you done the projects in this kit? Have you done the one with a buzzer? If so how did they wire it up in the project?

When it was made to buzz was it with the PWM signals or the tone libiary, or was it just a level change in a pin?

You know this because you have the project book.