How the get the notification by email when a new forum message is received

Hello,

I want to get the notification by email when a new forum message is received. So that I won't miss anything even though I don't log in the forum. I go through the profile settings. I didn't find the page to set it. Does somebody know how to set it?

Thanks, Jeffrey

I think you can only set notification on a thread basis, ie you can ask to be notified about a specific thread but not all new posts on the board or on a forum.

Rob

Hi Rob, I don't mean the post. What I'm talking about is the personal message. I sent a message to you. You may find the difference then.

Thanks, Jeffrey

I see, I just got email notification about your PM.

Have a look in your profile under "Notifications and Email", there are options there for this.

Let me know if you get it set and I'll send you a PM to test it.

Rob

In the Notifications and Email page, I checked all the four options below. If the setting is OK, please send me a personal message for testing.

Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email. Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply. Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: Moderation only if I started the topic.

Thank you very much!

Jeffrey

PM sent.

Rob

I got the email notification regarding your reply to this post.
I didn’t receive any email message regarding your PM. On the right-top of the forum page, there is the text saying “1 new messages”. But why the forum didn’t send the email notification for this?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Dunno, it should have.

Rob

Hi Rob, I think I find the setting options now. In the page Personal Message Options, I changed the option of "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message: " from Never to Always.

Could you send my a PM for testing? :)

Thanks, Jeffrey

done.

It works. Thank you so much for your great help!