How to make the camera flash noise?

When a old camera flash is charging up it makes that awesome ascending pitch noise. This has later become the official high-tec-pre-coolnes-sound. Like when Iron Man uses his weapons.

I also want to be that cool. I want to build something that needs a high amperage or high voltage for a short period (maybe a high powered LED?). And to get this I want a circut that makes this sound.
I don´t want to sample a mp3 and play trough a speaker, I want it “for real”.
Do you know how I go about to do this? Can I just by the same circut used in camera flashes or how can it be done?

Thanks!

I don´t want to sample a mp3 and play trough a speaker, I want it "for real".
Do you know how I go about to do this? Can I just by the same circut used in camera flashes or how can it be done?

I saw a disposable camera in the store the other day, so they are still available. (I didn't notice if it had a flash, I was just amazed to see that they were still available.) You can buy and disassemble one. Or, you can probably find a used one on eBay.

You can also probably find a schematic on-line, but they may use a special hard-to-find transformer and the components to build the circuit will probably cost more than a camera, and there's a good chance you'll blow a few components during testing & debugging (one of the "hazards" of playing around with high-voltage or high-current circuitry).

The disadvantage of the "real circuit" is that you can't control the tone/timbre or the volume, etc. Different cameras will sound different, and even two cameras of the same model number may sound different.

Try this

Page 339, 340, 341, play with the values to get different sounds.

Can I just by the same circut used in camera flashes

Yes. Usually caused by tiny motions of the transformer windings. It's not normally very loud...

More than you ever wanted to know about camera flashes: http://pe2bz.philpem.me.uk/Lights/-%20Xenon-Strobes/-%20Don/strbfaq.htm

Don't slip. The voltages and currents involved are pretty close to lethal, even in the tiny strobes in disposable cameras. A big strobe will kill you quick.

Axelhe:
When a old camera flash is charging up it makes that awesome ascending pitch noise. This has later become the official high-tec-pre-coolnes-sound. Like when Iron Man uses his weapons.

I also want to be that cool. I want to build something that needs a high amperage or high voltage for a short period (maybe a high powered LED?). And to get this I want a circut that makes this sound.
I don´t want to sample a mp3 and play trough a speaker, I want it "for real".

Thanks!

Here's some info...

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae227.cfm