Humid and hot environment

hi all,

we have a project within a spa/thermal bath. Don't know how you guys call it in english :slight_smile: Super humid, warm and hot water, lots of kids and waterlsides.

Among other things, they want to track the time of people on their waterslides. So I have 8 points, indoor and outdoor, on which I need to meassure and send the data via LAN to our server.

Has anyone of you experience with arduino stuff in that kind of environment. How about enclosing the whole board and shield in epoxi?

Or would you recommend to use an industial solution and read out their bus?

cheers, A

Among other things, they want to track the time of people on their waterslides.

Isn't the point to get on, slide down, and get dumped off? Doesn't that happen in a rather fixed time?

Or, are you trying to determine simply if a slide is in use?

What kind of sensors are you planning to use? The Arduino does not have to be exposed to the heat/humidity. Only the sensors do.

No, they want to have a highscore ranking. I just want to avoid too much complicated DIY there.
I don't want to build boxes with cables to sensors and stuff. Every connection can break. My dream solution are tiny Sensors with microcontroller and direct RJ45 connection, which I can ID right on the device and grab their data off the LAN.

That or real professional industrial sensors. But then I have to use that cable standard on every meassure point, and finally back to the server room. And read the bus, get the signals somehow onto my windows machine..

So I am open for suggestions :slight_smile:

Are you also intending to power each box through the RJ-45 connector? You realize that connector is NOT moisture/water proof.

Paul

dozerv8:
Among other things, they want to track the time of people on their waterslides. So I have 8 points,

can you offer more details on what you are measuring ?
please be specific , where is the sensor, what is it ACTUALLY measuring, and what do you want that to mean.
as an example, measure water flowing.
that means that the pump is running.
no water flowing means that the valve is shut.

To time people on water slides, consider have them use a wearable device like a Fitbit.
The accelerometer recording should be useful.