hx711 and pro micro

Hi all. After hours of going nowhere trying to get my pedal and sequential shifter working, here i am begging for assistance or insight. I am looking to confirm a few things...

for the hx711 dt and sck should go on pins 3 and 2 of the pro micro right?

Ive Attempted to put my hx711 in 80hz fast mode. ive lifted pin 15 and shorted it to pin 16 to get 5v. correct?

i had the load cell working on an uno so that portion should be fine.

am i missing something? i ran the hx711 calibration code and it uploaded successfully. just shows 0lbs on monitor and doesnt respond to pressure applied to the load cell.

i plan on also using two, two terminal momentary switches for my sequential shifter.
info on coding buttons and digital signals for a game controller seems super scarce, so any info or tips would be amazing.

thanks in advance!

for the hx711 dt and sck should go on pins 3 and 2 of the pro micro right?

The HX711 chip (you didn't provide a link to the used breakout board so I have to assume you're using the chip directly) doesn't have pins with these labels. But you should connect DOUT to D2 and PD_SCK to D3. Don't forget to connect AGND to GND!

Ive Attempted to put my hx711 in 80hz fast mode. ive lifted pin 15 and shorted it to pin 16 to get 5v. correct?

If that means you connected pin 15 of the HX711 to 5V (which is also connected to pin 16 of the chip), this is correct.

i plan on also using two, two terminal momentary switches for my sequential shifter.

Simply not enough information. I guess you're asking about a circuit. If that's correct, I'm missing the wiring diagram (or schematics if you have).

pylon:
The HX711 chip (you didn't provide a link to the used breakout board so I have to assume you're using the chip directly) doesn't have pins with these labels. But you should connect DOUT to D2 and PD_SCK to D3. Don't forget to connect AGND to GND!

just using a breadboard to test the chip, no breakout board. vcc is going to 5v and gnd to gnd

If that means you connected pin 15 of the HX711 to 5V (which is also connected to pin 16 of the chip), this is correct.

thats what i did.

Simply not enough information. I guess you're asking about a circuit. If that's correct, I'm missing the wiring diagram (or schematics if you have).

just using a breadboard to test the chip, no breakout board. vcc is going to 5v and gnd to gnd

i was just mentioning the whole project to give everyone an idea what im trying to accomplish. im assuming once i get the load cell functioning the buttons will be somewhat easy.

thanks for taking the time to help.

this is the code i uploaded

/*
  Example using the SparkFun HX711 breakout board with a scale
  By: Nathan Seidle
  SparkFun Electronics
  Date: November 19th, 2014
  License: This code is public domain but you buy me a beer if you use this and we meet someday (Beerware license).

This is the calibration sketch. Use it to determine the calibration_factor that the main example uses. It also
  outputs the zero_factor useful for projects that have a permanent mass on the scale in between power cycles.

Setup your scale and start the sketch WITHOUT a weight on the scale
  Once readings are displayed place the weight on the scale
  Press +/- or a/z to adjust the calibration_factor until the output readings match the known weight
  Use this calibration_factor on the example sketch

This example assumes pounds (lbs). If you prefer kilograms, change the Serial.print(" lbs"); line to kg. The
  calibration factor will be significantly different but it will be linearly related to lbs (1 lbs = 0.453592 kg).

Your calibration factor may be very positive or very negative. It all depends on the setup of your scale system
  and the direction the sensors deflect from zero state
  This example code uses bogde's excellent library: https://github.com/bogde/HX711
  bogde's library is released under a GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
  Arduino pin 2 -> HX711 CLK
  3 -> DOUT
  5V -> VCC
  GND -> GND

Most any pin on the Arduino Uno will be compatible with DOUT/CLK.

The HX711 board can be powered from 2.7V to 5V so the Arduino 5V power should be fine.

*/

#include "HX711.h"

#define DOUT  2
#define CLK  3

HX711 scale(DOUT, CLK);

float calibration_factor = -11050; //-7050 worked for my 440lb max scale setup

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("HX711 calibration sketch");
  Serial.println("Remove all weight from scale");
  Serial.println("After readings begin, place known weight on scale");
  Serial.println("Press + or a to increase calibration factor");
  Serial.println("Press - or z to decrease calibration factor");

scale.set_scale();
  scale.tare(); //Reset the scale to 0

long zero_factor = scale.read_average(); //Get a baseline reading
  Serial.print("Zero factor: "); //This can be used to remove the need to tare the scale. Useful in permanent scale projects.
  Serial.println(zero_factor);
}

void loop() {

scale.set_scale(calibration_factor); //Adjust to this calibration factor

Serial.print("Reading: ");
  Serial.print(scale.get_units(), 1);
  Serial.print(" lbs"); //Change this to kg and re-adjust the calibration factor if you follow SI units like a sane person
  Serial.print(" calibration_factor: ");
  Serial.print(calibration_factor);
  Serial.println();

if (Serial.available())
  {
    char temp = Serial.read();
    if (temp == '+' || temp == 'a')
      calibration_factor += 10;
    else if (temp == '-' || temp == 'z')
      calibration_factor -= 10;
  }
}

here is the wiring

ignore the 10k resistor. its not connected to anything.

Interesting, on the posted picture the chip is on a breakout board though. Might we ask for the schematics of that board?

A close-up picture of your modification on the breakout board might help to rule out failures there.

Am I assuming correctly that you're using this library (it was your job to provide this link!)?

im going to wire the hx711 to the uno again to rule out it being damaged.

just checked and its a bad hx711 module.