Indentifying servo wiring

I have this 50kg servo by PowerHD. The plug end is cut off. I want to connect to my arduino. The servo has 3 wires, two solid black, and one black with white stripe. Which wire is which? I can connect it to the arduino if I i know the wires. Any help in indentification would great. thanks.

That's a spendy servo, nice.

I googled as must have you. Nothing.

But. Servos seem to use the middle wire for positive voltage.

Since

If both wires are black but one has a white stripe, the striped wire is negative, while the plain black wire is positive.

I would say the middle wire is V+, the striped wire is ground and the remaining wire is the digital control signal.

But if someone tod me that, I wouldn't just hook it up and try.

I hope we get all kindsa advice about tests that will not destroy the electronics but will reveal which is what.

How do you feel about opening it up and if it isn't clear to you, throw us some pictures?

a7

Have a browse on the manufacturer’s website…
You may nrrf to ask for help

—- CLICK HERE —-

Downloads?

@clarkkent156 - More pix please...

Thx for the info. We shall see what transpires. I'd be glad to open it up for pics. Hope it's a good one.

This link times out... so copy the manufacturer and model, then paste in the search bar on LINDINGER.AT

Description "POWER HD A-50CHV 50kg HV steel/Aluminium gear Coreless Motor full metal case double ball bearing Digital Servo programmable"
The A-50CHV is a programmable digital HV servo with a metal housing and a steel/aluminium gearbox with double ball bearings.

Torque(6.0V): 35.0 kg-cm ( 486.1 oz/in)
Torque(7.4V): 45.0 kg-cm ( 625.0 oz/in)
Torque(8.4V): 50.0 kg-cm ( 694.4 oz/in)
Speed: 0.19 sec (6.0V) / 0.17 sec (7.4V) / 0.16 sec (8.4V)
Operating Voltage: 6.0 ~ 8.4 DC Volt
Weight: 80 g (2.82 oz)
Bearing Type: Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type: Coreless Motor
Gear Type: Steel & Aluminum
Operating Temperature: -20°C~60°C
Working frequence: 1520µs / 333hz
Size: 40.7 x 20.5 x 38.7 mm ( 1.60 x 0.81 x 1.52 in)

Thanks for all the info so far. I get all other specs. I really need what the wires are. I'm looking too.

The last picture agrees with my guess.

I wonder why it shows coloured wires and yours are black, but the order is standard and the ground if the striped wire.

a7

I'd show you the ebay listing but it's been long enough it's not available anymore. So for test, I may try striped as neg, middle as pos, and remaining as communication on the arduino. still studying.

Here is the arduino I have.

It's your servo…

It looks like it would be easy to crack it open and you could be certain.

a7

Just don't power the servo from the Arduino board!

a7

1 Like

I can do that saturday. if that will help for certain, consider it done. first thing.