LED flickering unnecessarily in 96x8 led matrix.

I am working on scrolling led display consisting of 96x8 LED matrix using 74HC595 shift register (12 No's.) . And I was able to scroll the words but there is lots of flickering of other leds. How can i solve this problem.
I would be very grateful to any kind of help.
Thank you!

Post your code and schematic and we may be able to help

I am working on scrolling led display consisting of 96x8 LED matrix using 74HC595 shift register (12 No’s.) . And I was able to scroll the words but there is lots of flickering of other leds. How can i solve this problem.
I would be very grateful to any kind of help.
Thank you!

Hi Anith17,

You must have a daisy chain of twelve 74HC595s. I am afraid that these low-power chips can't keep up with the 96 rows. The MAX7219 chip performs much better with such a long led ticker tape. Be sure not to draw all power from your Arduino - add an external power supply.

success, photoncatcher

Duplicate topics and replies merged

Anith17:
How can i solve this problem.

Well, when you start replying to what others answer, and provide actual information about your project, there might be some possibility of improving matters. :cold_sweat:

74HC595s are not designed for driving LEDs, and writing reliable multiplexing code requires considerable skill in the first place, let alone animating it. In addition, if it is your ESP32 that you are using, then you have further problems with other tasks the processor may be performing and timing and there is the matter of level conversion to the 74HC595s operating at 5 V.