Mighty Core - Serial Port Upload-atmega32

hi, i have burn bootloader atmega 32 via Arduinoi as ISP .. after burn bootloader led(PB0) started bilking . i could able to upload sketch via arduino as ISP only . i couldn't upload the sketch via FTDI adapter in serial port . FTDI adapter is working properly with pro mini sketch upload . using 16mhz xtal , os is windows 10 , i have changed capacitor 0.1uf to 1uf but nothing is changed . which programmer i have choose ???. currently i have chosen the AVRISP mkll(mighty core ) - """" An error occurred while uploading the sketch""". when i am opening serial port led gets switch off so it's resetting properly by ftdi

Did you upload a sketch via ISP after burning the bootloader? If so, that will overwrite the bootloader so you will need to burn the bootloader again.

did the bootloader again via arduino ISP after that connected the ftdi adapter and try upload sketch but same error is repeating !.
led just flashing that's it

Try choosing Tools->Programmer->Arduino as ISP

Can you post a schematic showing how you have everything hooked up?

1. hit burn bootloader via ISP .
  2. upload the sketch via ISP - USING FTDI Adapter -no improvement .

1.1. hit burn bootloader via ISP.
2.2. upload the sketch via ISP - Using Arduino as ISP - OK -program get's uploaded.

Hi @madhavanarduino. In order to gather more information that might help us to troubleshoot your problem, I'm going to ask you to post the full output from the upload when in verbose mode.

Please do this:

1. Select File > Preferences from the Arduino IDE's menus.
  2. Uncheck the checkbox next to Show verbose output during: [] compilation
  3. Check the checkbox next to Show verbose output during: [] upload.
  4. Click the OK button.
  5. Attempt an upload, as you did before.
  6. After the upload fails, you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar in the Arduino IDE: Copy error messages. Click that button. This copies the full output to the clipboard.
  7. Open a forum reply here by clicking the Reply button.
  8. Click the </> icon on the post composer toolbar. This will add the forum's code block markup (```) to your reply to make sure the error messages are correctly formatted.
    Code block
  9. Press Ctrl+V. This will paste the error output from the upload into the code block.
  10. Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.
  11. Click the Reply button to post the output.

oh oh oh oh .........

Now i could able to upload the sketch when i am using the menu BOOTLOADER : "YES (UART0)" always

when i am skip the bootloader menu BOOTLOADER : No bootloader or when pressing the shift key and giving upload the following error is coming

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: "ATmega32, No bootloader, EEPROM retained, Standard pinout, BOD 2.7V, LTO disabled, External 16 MHz"

Sketch uses 988 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32768 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

C:\Users\ELCOT\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino18/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\ELCOT\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\MightyCore\hardware\avr\2.1.3/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32 -cstk500v2 -Pusb -Uflash:w:C:\Users\ELCOT\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_547973/BlinkAtmega32.ino.with_bootloader.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 6.3-20201216

Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\ELCOT\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\MightyCore\hardware\avr\2.1.3/avrdude.conf"

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Using Port                    : usb

Using Programmer              : stk500v2

avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb" (0x03eb:0x2104)

avrdude done.  Thank you.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

my understanding is every time it's writing bootloader .

When you select BOOTLOADER: No Bootloader then burn the bootloader, all you are doing is setting the fuses, no bootloader is loaded onto the chip. BOOTLOADER: YES (UART0) burns a bootloader that will upload code over the serial interface. You keep this selection when uploading over serial because it lets the compiler know that part of the flash memory is in use by the bootloader, no bootloader lets the compiler use the entire flash for user code.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.