MKR1000 not detected by OS X

The setup is OS X 10.11 with Arduino/genuino MKR1000. The board is clearly recognized by Mac but doesn't show up under ports/Serial ports.

I have tried 1) A different MKR1000 2) A different USB Cable 3) A different USB Port 4) Resetting MKR1000 5) Installing FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3 6) Installing Arduino IDE 1.6.9 7) Installing Arduino SAMD Boards under Boardmanager

System info Arduino IDE

Having the same issue,

Just received my mkr1000 today but can´t upload any sketch to it. I´m using OS X El Capitán and downloaded Arduino IDE 1.6.9 Hourly Build 2016/04/26 06:12

I´ve also resetted de board, installed FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3 driver, installed Arduino SAMD Boards in the boardmanager…

The usb connection is recognized by the system but still doesn´t appear in the Arduino IDE available ports…

I have the same problem ....

Me too… :frowning:
Any advice? Somebody?

Maybe suggest you all move to the MKR section and also read the MKR OLD section too.

Some of your issues are covered in there..

Scroll down on the initial forum page you will see them.

Ich habe den ganzen MK Bereich durchsucht aber keine lösung gefunden.

Ein Upload auf meinen UNO-Bord hat problemlos funktioniert :confused:

sorry But I have all the MK range searches found no solution .

An upload to my UN board worked perfectly

I had the same issue.

If you look at dmesg, you’ll see that there are a couple of violations:-

003231.792225 IOUSBHostDevice@fa130000: IOUSBHostDevice::getDescriptorGated: compliance violation: USB 2.0 9.3.5: device returned more than wLength data
003231.793242 Genuine MKR1000@fa130000: IOUSBHostDevice::getDescriptorGated: compliance violation: USB 2.0 9.3.5: device returned more than wLength data

What I did, (and others are saying), is that to get round this, you need to press the reset button on the MKR1000 twice. Like a double click.

Then you should see in dmesg, something like:-

388 set opt:8 → 0
7615 set opt:8 → 0
7616 set opt:8 → 0
7630 set opt:8 → 0
7632 set opt:8 → 0
7657 set opt:8 → 0
7664 set opt:8 → 0

Now you should see the device in /dev/

mbp:~ nanomoog$ ls -las /dev/tty.usbmodemFA131
0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 17, 8 18 May 22:53 /dev/tty.usbmodemFA131

Now, (going back to the Arduino IDE), I can see the correct port and talk to it.

So the double tap of the reset button seems to be the fix.

great, thanks it works now. I had this note already found but somehow it has until now not working reboot always does just fine :slight_smile: now it can start

Answer #7 has been helpful to me . I solved the problem.

Thank you for your suggestion.

The double-click method also worked for me! Thanks!

thx. the double-click is the solution.

Works fine for me too. Thanks.

I have the same issue with OSX El Capitan, IDE 1.6.11, FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3.

Just to help any other Mac users ... the configuration that I have been successful with using the MKR1000 is as follows:

Arduino IDE 1.6.11 Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.16 Board Library - Arduino SAMD boards ver. 1.6.6 Libraries called in sketch include WiFi101.h and SPI.h

I believe that the port shows up as a result of the SAMD library.

Reset double click worked for me. Thanks!