Does anyone have a problem with serial communication on the arduino nano A000005 when first power on? Here is what happens.
- Power on Nano (plug in USB cable).
- Connect to Nano USB serial port (this works).
- Send first command I.E. :V# to get my program version (nothing comes back).
Looks like the Nano did not see the command.
- Send command again (works).
- End program talking to Nano.
- Start program new to talk to Nano.
- Connect to Nano USB serial port.
- Send first command. (Now it works).
So It looks like the Nano is having a problem when first power on seeing the first thing sent to the serial port.
I have tried several Arduino Nano units and they all do the same thing.
However when I use an Arduino UNO this problem does not happen.
Same code is downloaded in all my Arduinos.