Need help locating an appropriate part

Hey all!

I am currently in the throes of creating a costume for a cosplay event.

TL;DR I need a way to create mist (because I am getting paid to do so that's why). I have used an ultrasonic piezoelectric disc like what you might find in a humidifier with some success, but I have encountered issues with this. The problem is, the disc has to stay at a VERY particular placement in the water reservoir or else it stops functioning.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a submersible ultrasonic transducer of some sort that actually atomizes the water? Most components that I have found are used for industrial cleaning applications, and they don't create a fog or a mist. I need a disc that will still create mist when submerged.

Real mist? Most theatrical effects simulate mist with a fog machine.

Does it have to be heavier than air like real mist?

A non-pyrotechnic solution is to have a strip of tissue paper or cotton wool animated by a fan. Light that with red to make a flame effect or white for steam effect.

MorganS:
Real mist? Most theatrical effects simulate mist with a fog machine.

Does it have to be heavier than air like real mist?

A non-pyrotechnic solution is to have a strip of tissue paper or cotton wool animated by a fan. Light that with red to make a flame effect or white for steam effect.

Yep! Real mist. Don't ask me; im just the maker, not the cosplayer. We did discuss the idea of hacking a fog machine but the weight+power requirements+gross fog juice generally took us away from that train of thought. Now the assumed method is to use an ultrasonic transducer in a water tank, but I can't find one that still functions while submerged.

Those piezo humidifier things are great. That seems like the best solution for those requirements. Now you just need a self-levelling reservoir.

"... but I can't find one that still functions while submerged."

You would need a Radio Flyer wagon to carry the batteries.

I saw some fo generator hacks which were made form an e-cig using ordinary fog juice, or 70/30 water/glycerin mixture.

water on dry ice?

scs_789:
Yep! Real mist. Don't ask me; im just the maker, not the cosplayer. We did discuss the idea of hacking a fog machine but the weight+power requirements+gross fog juice generally took us away from that train of thought. Now the assumed method is to use an ultrasonic transducer in a water tank, but I can't find one that still functions while submerged.

how much mist do you need? I have seen a setup where they used a wick like whats in a highlighter to pull the water up to a ultrasonic transducer from the water tank