Need Help with Liibaraies

Hello

Please excuse my post. I am not a programmer, just hobbies trying to learn Arduino programing and tiring to use a 10DOF-IMU-MPU9250-BMP280 for high power rocketry project.

The attached pics showing the libraries I do not know how to how to install. I have searched GitHub for them, with out success.

So could some one help in finding the required libraries, and help installing them.

Thanks

DataLogger Prgm Error TXT.txt (654 Bytes)

DataLogger Skecth.txt (20.3 KB)

(deleted)

(deleted)

OK sorry for that. Here is the code:

[

#include <Arduino.h>   // required before wiring_private.h
#include "wiring_private.h" // pinPeripheral() function
#include <Adafruit_Sensor.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>

// 10DOF-IMU MPU9250+BMP280 Library functions
//#include "I2Cdev.h"
//#include "MPU9250.h"
#include "Adafruit_BMP280.h"

//Adafruit_BMP280.h library functions
#define BMP_SCK 13
#define BMP_MISO 12
#define BMP_MOSI 11 
#define BMP_CS 10

Adafruit_BME280 bme;

As for the code I did not write I got from the BMP280tst example. As the other libraries I found them on the web ( don’t remember the web site).

(deleted)

bmp280test

(deleted)

OK i think I found the web site for the other libraries. 10DOF-IMU. When I tried to install it it came up incompatible!!

RocketNut:
OK i think I found the web site for the other libraries. 10DOF-IMU. When I tried to install it it came up incompatible!!

Explain exactly what you mean by "it came up incompatible".

OK

I got it install but I got warns/errors. The sketch complies with any errors or warns before I added the libraries. When I add just the libraries it does not compile.

DataLogger Prgm Error TXT.txt (2.22 KB)

DataLogger Skecth.txt (20.1 KB)

You would be much more likely to get help if you posted the error messaged directly to the forum rather than as an attachment. We shouldn't need to download a file to see if we can help you. There is a 9000 character limit and when that is exceeded the correct thing to do is post as a .txt file attachment but in this case the output was nowhere near 9000 characters.

So there is an error:

C:\Users\Rocke\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MovSens-10DOF-IMU-Arduino-master\I2Cdev.cpp:276:62: error: 'BUFFER_LENGTH' was not declared in this scope

The problem and solution are described here:

Then there is a warning:

WARNING: library arduino_740708 claims to run on (avr) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (samd) architecture(s).

Well technically that's correct but once you make the BUFFER_LENGTH fix you should be able to ignore it since I believe that is the only incompatibility. Note that when a library is considered incompatible its example sketches are accessible via File > Examples > INCOMPATIBLE.

Sorry for my bad. I will post the actual text if possible.

I can not find the SparkFun SAMD21 board as mentioned in your link.

RocketNut:
I can not find the SparkFun SAMD21 board as mentioned in your link.

You were supposed to adapt those instructions to your board:

• Select the Adafruit Metro M0 Express board from the Tools > Board menu
  • File > Examples > Wire > digital_potentiometer
  • Sketch > Show Sketch Folder - this will open the folder containing the Adafruit SAMD Boards Wire library's digital_potentiometer example sketch.
  • Navigate up two folder levels to the Wire folder.
  • Open the file Wire.h in a text editor
  • Add the following code at line 31:
#define BUFFER_LENGTH 64
  • Save the file.

After doing that you should be able to use the I2Cdev library with your Adafruit Metro M0 Express board.

extrmely red face <<

I found it and add the code on line 31 and now I am good to go.

Thanks for the help. Also sorry if I tried your patience.

No worries. I usually would not just post a link to a somewhat related post but I was in the middle of another project at that time and didn't have time to make the adjustments but I thought I should at least reply to put you on the right track since I had previously helped someone else with this exact problem and had a link to that thread saved.

I just found out the SoftwareSerial (needed for Adafruit Ultimate GPS (PRODUCT ID: 746)) is not available on the M0 platform. Does any one have a example sketch for achieving the GPS serial port on the MO platform?

You should be able to connect the GPS module to pins 0 and 1 (hardware serial port Serial1) on your Adafruit Metro M0 Express. Here's an example that shows how to use Serial1 with their library:

OK
I will look it over and give it a shot.
Thanks

I have been looking over the link that pert suggested. I fired my GPS module and waiting for replacement.

The link uses SERIAL1 and I was wandering what are the other SERIAL ports all ready defined like SERIAL1. For example (if there is a) SERIAL2 what pins it would use?

The link uses SERIAL1 and I was wandering what are the other SERIAL ports all ready defined like SERIAL1.

That depends on the Arduino board that you are using. For instance, a Uno has just Serial whereas the Mega has Serial, Serial1, Serial2 and Serial3 each of which use different Tx and Rx pins and a Leonardo has Serial and Serial1

Which board are you using ?