Nextion Editor - Animation on page chage

Hi.

I have the model NX8048T050_011.

When I bought it and turned it on I saw that the page changes were with animations, but when creating a new project, selecting this type of screen, I do not find the possibility to annotate the pages.

How do you schedule the page change to be animated?

Thank you!!

Hello javichuteck,

The NX8048T050_011 is from the 'basic' range of Nextions. There is, so far as I know, no support for any kind of animation or moving image of any kind.

What makes you think they do? Maybe I missed something.

When I bought the screen and turned it on I had a video with animations of all kinds.

From animated images, to animation in the change of pages.

I recorded that video to send it on WhatsApp and I just uploaded it to YouTube. (https://youtu.be/rpOOt3WT-sg)

This is what the screen brought when I bought it and I want to be able to do similar things.

I watched your video. That is a far more advanced demonstration than was on the ones I have when I bought them. Some of what's on there I recognise how to do, some would take me ages to work out. Someone has put a lot of work into that!

But the thing is, that's the demo that came on the screen when I bought it.

If I open the Nextio Editor, and select the screen model that I have bought (NX8048T050_011), no page animation options appear.

Also, I have decided to create a new project, with Advanced screen type.
I have created a page, animated it and tried to put the file on the screen and I get an error message that "type of screen is not supported".

So ... how has someone done animations on a display model that does NOT support animations ??????

javichuteck:
But the thing is, that’s the demo that came on the screen when I bought it.

If I open the Nextion Editor, and select the screen model that I have bought (NX8048T050_011), no page animation options appear.

Also, I have decided to create a new project, with Advanced screen type.
I have created a page, animated it and tried to put the file on the screen and I get an error message that “type of screen is not supported”.

You said you have a NX8048T050_011, which is a Basic model. If you want the features of the Advanced model you have to buy one of the Advanced ones.

I think they have done the some of the animation by having multiple images on the screen and switching between them. I don’t think the ‘factory’ animation would take many images to run smoothly. There is no native support for animation on the Basic Nextions, you have to find your own way to do it with the limited tools available.

Yes i understand. I know that being a basic screen, it has some limitations.

But how did the manufacturer put those animations on the screen?

It is the part that I DO NOT understand.
From the factory it brought animations (what you could see in the video). It's the part that I can't understand.

But how did the manufacturer put those animations on the screen?

Well, I don't know for sure but if I were trying to do it I'd have multiple still images all slightly different and rapidly switch between them, the way any animation works.

For the image animations, I agree,

But in my video you can see how the pages animates them !!!

When turning from one page to another there are animation effects.

It gives me the feeling that the manufacturer has loaded an advanced screen construction within this basic (misleading advertising !!!)

Hmm, well, I don't know.

I do know that when I bought my first Nextion and looked at the then (simpler) demonstration it came with I was amazed and couldn't imagine how it was done. Now I know could do it, well, I could if I knew what it was. I suspect that if I had the inclination I could probably get one to do what is in that video. However, it would take me a long time.

Work on your project, learn what you need to learn to get your project the way you want it to be. If you spend enough time locked in your room with your Nextion and your PC you will emerge as the only person not to have been affected by corona virus!

When turning from one page to another there are animation effects.

Can you give me the time index of something you don't think is possible? I'll have a look and see if I can think how it might be done. Thanks.

In the minutes: 1:22 (https://youtu.be/rpOOt3WT-sg?t=82)
At minute 1:33 (https://youtu.be/rpOOt3WT-sg?t=94)
Minute 2:20 (https://youtu.be/rpOOt3WT-sg?t=140)
Minute 2:44 (https://youtu.be/rpOOt3WT-sg?t=165)

Really on ALL screen swaps.

OK, this is speculation because I have not tried it. If you mean the way it puts a box over everything that moves in from the sides until the whole screen is blue, probably possible to draw that with nested for() loops to calculate the co-ordinates then draw lines in decreasing squares. Not sure about the 2 horizontal lines, probably have to add some code to draw those in too.

Once the display has been made all blue probably switch to a different page.

In which the Advanced screens have transition functions for pages (fade-in-out, etc)

So I BELIEVE (and I agree with you) that through code (and surely very large and tedious) they have "simulated" what advanced screens do.

In a way it is "misleading advertising" since the screen itself does NOT do that. If a dedicated and meticulous programming (while heavy)

I guess it is what it is. Will it do the job you want?

Nextion displays have enabled me to build interfaces for lighting, a DAB radio, my heating controller and a UPS for when the mains goes off. I would have struggled to do what I have done with anything else. The do, of course, have their limitations.

I wish they'd put a decent implementation of C into them, not the half baked 'C--' they come with. I do almost all my programming on the host processor and send the results to the Nextion.