NRF24L01 capacitor problem!!!

Hi
I have made a sketch with nrf24l01 and it had many errors in signal . It loose signal very often so I soldered a 100uf ceramic capacitor and works pretty good but it rarely loose the signal again what can I do for this problem?

100uF ceramic capacitors are rare.
Did you use a 100n ceramic capacitor or a 100uF electrolytic capacitor.
Leo..

It writes 100k and it's ceramic

That's most likely 100n.

No experience with adding caps to these modules, but I see recommended values of ~10uF electrolytic.
That's 100x the value you have now.
Leo..

Electrolytic is better for ceramic in this case?

10 micro-farad is better than 100 nano-farad in this case. It is the capacitance that matters, not, so much, the material. The module current requirement rises sharply while transmitting. The cap acts as a "pool" to draw the extra current from so the supply voltage doesn't dip. So the larger capacitance will keep the supply voltage steadier.

Thank you very much for your reply it was really helpful

I added 10uf but against the same

DimitrisTzam:
I added 10uf but against the same

What does that mean?

I would use both your original 0.1uF and your 10uF in parallel. It is normal that you need to add capacitors it is not a fault.

Why I should solder two capacitors?

What are you using to supply the 3.3 volts to the nrf24. In my experience the 3.3 volt supply on an Uno (50 mA) is not enough even with the 10uf cap. I use a LM1117 3.3 regulator fed from 5V with 10uf tantalum cap and have good results. I don't know if the tantalum is the right choice, but it is smaller than an electrolytic and seems to work well.

As to why both caps: the 100 nf to filter higher frequency noise (decoupling) and the 10 uf to supply higher current demand.

1 Like

I supply one nrf from uni and the other from arduino pro mini

DimitrisTzam:
Why I should solder two capacitors?

Because this is electronics and that is what you do. If you don't like it then take up knitting.

Ok thank you very much for your reply

I soldered one 100n ceramic and one 10uf electrolytic capacitor but against the same problem

Can you be more specific than simply saying

but against the same problem

You said at the start:-

It loose signal very often so I soldered a 100uf ceramic capacitor and works pretty good but it rarely loose the signal again what can I do for this problem?

So what is the same?

We need to see now the full schematic, and your sketch for both send and receive and the errors you are getting.

When I soldered 10uf electrolytic capacitor parallel with 100nf ceramic my sketch saws me on serial monitor more "radio no available "

The radios need a power supply capable of supplying 200mA at 3.3 Volts. Caps will not fix a supply that can only supply 50mA.

In other words I need a power supply

Hi,

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Also a picture of your project thanks.

Tom..... :slight_smile: