Old Mouse Phototransistor

Can someone determine the pin configurations of this sensor?
Thanks in advance!

mouse_sensor01.jpg

Can you find a mouse with the same photodiode/phototransistor ? And do some reverse engineering.

Krodal:
Can you find a mouse with the same photodiode/phototransistor ? And do some reverse engineering.

Can’t find another mouse sir. It’s very hard to find. I just want the pin config of this sensor. Because I am making a pulse monitor project.

The issue here is that your 'part' has no markings what-so ever. most of the early mice has devices that were Ir emitters (Led's) and Photo Transistors paired up so that the 'light' was pointed at the detector (transistor) and anything that blocked the light caused the transistor to change it's electrical 'state' or condition from 'conducting' to 'non' conducting, the pins on it indicate that you were successful in removing it from the board. I might suggest that you connect the center pin to ground or supply - and a 1000 ohm resistor to each lead and the other ends of the 2 resistors (one for each lead except the grounded center lead to a 5 source and with a dmm measure the voltages on the pins of the device not going to ground. Your meter negative lead should go to the neg power supply connection and if you are very lucky in not having damaged the device when you removes it and soldered? the pins to it... On one lead you should measure a voltage between 1.8 and 2.7 volts that lead is the led, on the other lead the voltage should be about .2 - .7 volts, that lead is the photo-transistor collector "output lead'. To test your device insert something opaque (doesn't let light pass) and if all is well the lead that measured .2 - .7 volts should be at 5V or nearly so... the exact voltage will depend on the device and just how much IR light you have blocked. The point is that if you make those measurements and they conform to my guess (no data visible on the sensor that I can reference) you were extremely lucky and you have a good photo-sensor and pho to emitter (back in the day most off-shore mice used Omron devices) and I seem to remember a 3 wire device... Most all of them had 4 wires 2 for the diode and 2 for the transistor (Emitter and Collector, of the photo detector) the base lead is the light from the led (photo emitter). If So then "Good Luck in the Contest" IMO

Doc

I looked at your picture again... and I have a question? Where did the interrupter wheel go in relation to this device??? on second inspection it looks like the detector only, is there a slot in this device or does it have a hole on one 'face' of the device?

Doc

ok sir thanks.

Sparse answer... IMO

Doc