PIR Sensor input/output voltages

I have some of these PIR sensors

Specs say input voltage of 5v-12v, so there's some kind of onboard regulator, possibly 3v3.
So the output signal is 3v3 regardless of input voltage?

Is there any point in giving this sensor more than 5v? Does the excess just give the regulator more to do with no gain in sensitivity/ sensing range?

My project involves 120VAC into a 12VDC PSU for a 12V LED Strip as well as a buck convertor to feed an ATiny85/RF receiver/PIR Sensor 5v. Maybe the RF would see a benefit if given the 12v line instead of 5v but that's a diff topic.

INTP:
Specs say input voltage of 5v-12v, so there's some kind of onboard regulator, possibly 3v3.
So the output signal is 3v3 regardless of input voltage?

Is there any point in giving this sensor more than 5v? Does the excess just give the regulator more to do with no gain in sensitivity/ sensing range?

My project involves 120VAC into a 12VDC PSU for a 12V LED Strip as well as a buck convertor to feed an ATiny85/RF receiver/PIR Sensor 5v. Maybe the RF would see a benefit if given the 12v line instead of 5v but that's a diff topic.

1. Yes.
    Output is 3.3volt logic through a ~1k5 series resistor. High when active.
    The output can drive a ~2volt LED directly, and can even be shorted to ground without a problem.

2. No. A higher supply voltage is just converted into heat in the regulator.
    Not a big problem, since current draw when idle is only about 70uA.

3. Power everything from 5volt.
    Leo..