Planning Chladni Plate driven by Tone and Sample

Hello,

I'm planning to create a self-contained box inside of which is an amped Chladni plate, amplifier, PSU (I have all these and have the build process planned) with an internal board that has the ability to switch between the usual waveforms and a repeating sample (via a stepped potentiometer, so Sine, Sq, Tri, Saw and Sample) and Volume (via another pot).

Which board/board combinations would best suit my project? I'm looking forward to working out the rest myself but I want to know I've got the right base to work from.

I'm very much a beginner when it comes to electronics but I also love to learn, if this turns out to be complex so be it!

Thanks

What will the Arduino do?

I think that you will need to provide more detail. It is not likely that many members know what a Chladni plate is or how it is made. We can’t recommend an Arduino until we know more about your project.

Sure thing,

The chladni plate is a plate of metal that, when sound is transduced through it and sand is put on top, creates patterns based on the characteristics of the tone.

The Arduino's job is to output a choice of waveform (sine, square, triangle, saw) or a repeated sample (someone's voice), chosen by a stepped potentiometer, with a second pot for volume.

The signal will be sent from the Arduino into the amplifier, through the speaker and up to the plate and patterns will be created!

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/TyManteuffel/chladni-plates/ for what they look like if you're interested.

The Arduino's job is to output a choice of waveform (sine, square, triangle, saw)

What range of frequencies?

Google "Arduino waveform synthesis" to see what others have done.

Wow, just been through quite the google rabbit hole.

I have definitely jumped in at the deep end. I’m going to reel back a bit and learn some basic theory before going any further. Thanks for the replies

I have definitely jumped in at the deep end.

That was pretty obvious. Have fun on your journey!