please help!! storage space error

Hi friends,

Im using arduino uno, worked fine , but all of a sudden, though no changes done in the program,

i get this message when i try to upload...

" Sketch uses 16,954 bytes (52%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 1,500 bytes (73%) of dynamic memory, leaving 548 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. "

As suggested in the forum solutions, i changed the values ..

define SERIAL_TX_BUFFER_SIZE 64 and

define SERIAL_RX_BUFFER_SIZE 64

to.... #define SERIAL_TX_BUFFER_SIZE 256 and #define SERIAL_RX_BUFFER_SIZE 256...

in " hardwareserial.h " .....but still getting the same problem....

I m a beginner , so any inconvinience regretted. Please help

ksaa: Im using arduino uno, worked fine , but all of a sudden, though no changes done in the program,

i get this message when i try to upload...

" Sketch uses 16,954 bytes (52%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 1,500 bytes (73%) of dynamic memory, leaving 548 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. "

That's not an error. Read what it says. It's just some helpful information about the memory usage of your sketch.

ksaa: As suggested in the forum solutions, i changed the values ..

define SERIAL_TX_BUFFER_SIZE 64 and

define SERIAL_RX_BUFFER_SIZE 64

to.... #define SERIAL_TX_BUFFER_SIZE 256 and #define SERIAL_RX_BUFFER_SIZE 256...

in " hardwareserial.h " .....but still getting the same problem....

What forum solution? Increasing serial buffer size is going to increase your memory usage, not that it's necessarily a problem(it depends on your code but 548 bytes free is not so bad) but if you're concerned about free dynamic memory you're certainly taking the wrong approach trying to do something about it.

As a beginner I recommend you to be careful messing around with editing the core files. It's fine to experiment and certainly I encourage you to examine the source code as you become curious as to what's going on under the hood but you need to make sure that you make any alterations to the core in a scientific manner otherwise it could cause you a lot of confusion later when code that should work doesn't because of a change you made. This means you should document any changes you make and be prepared to fall back on a stock core as a troubleshooting technique. You will also need to be aware that you will need to redo any changes anytime you update to a new IDE or core version. There may be multiple versions of the core on your computer at any one time so it's possible to make changes to the version that's not in use, which can be very confusing.

Thanks for the reply, but i am unable to upload the programme..so i need a solution how to come out of this problem. The change i made in the hardwareserial.h , was according to a reply in this forum for the similar hurdle faced...

ksaa: ..so i need a solution how to come out of this problem.

What problem?

If you're short of RAM, increasing the size of RAM-based structures is extremely unlikely to improve the situation, in my experience.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 16,954 bytes (52%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 1,500 bytes (73%) of dynamic memory, leaving 548 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Thanks for prompt reply…This is what i get when i try to upload…I tried all solutions given in net…but the problem still persists…help