Power arduino on with push button

Hi,

I'am using a arduino nano and I power it with a battery. I want be able to set my arduino on with only a push button. How could I do it? (with a transistor or mosfet or something like that?)

Thanks

JefVG: Hi,

I'am using a arduino nano and I power it with a battery. I want be able to set my arduino on with only a push button. How could I do it? (with a transistor or mosfet or something like that?)

Thanks

Get a push button toggle like this, and put it inline with the wire from the battery to your nano.

Hi,

That isn't an option for me. Because the push button will also be used as input for the arduino. I want also that the push button can't turn off the arduino. Only if I push the button for 5s it can be turned off.

Then simply don't turn it off, put it to (deep) sleep. Every other solution will draw the same current or probably more. ;) But remove the power LED from the board to save A LOT of power.

Do you mean hold the button down and it goes to sleep? If not, I suppose you could make a circuit that would turn the Arduino off. But I don't know how you could turn it back on without outside assistance. Opt for the sleep if you can spare even a microamp.

Thanks,

I will try the sleep mode :)

Try this technique, totally works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwY6NLT0krA

1 Like