PS3 Controller -> PC -> Ethernet -> Arduino -> Result.

Hello.

I have tried searching for a solution for this, or tips, but i cant seem to find anything useful.

What I want to do is hook up a ps3 controller to a pc. then send it's inputs to an arduino over cabled network and have it preform tasks (running motors and so on). I already have an UNO, MEGA and Ethernet board. Is this even possible? I really hope someone can help me or point me to some information/tutorials about this.

Regards Ole.

Is this even possible?

Yes. Each time the PC determines that a position change occurred, it generates a GET request to the Arduino as server, which determines what to do.

PaulS:

Is this even possible?

Yes. Each time the PC determines that a position change occurred, it generates a GET request to the Arduino as server, which determines what to do.

It is almost quite frightening. I'd probably prefer sending UDP packets, but how to do it, I really do not know.

I should maybe add that this will be on a closed network. The pc will control an home made ROV. Power and communication to the ROV will go through the same cable using a Home Plug type of device. Video will be sent back to the computer from an IP camera mounted in the ROV. Sensor data from the Arduino in the ROV would also be sent back. (Temp, compass) All the hardware and so on is ok, just the interface and communications I don't quite know how to do yet.

Hey,

I'm pretty new here. I'm a student and in my University we are working on a ROV, too. Do you find a way to control your ROV like that?

Best Regards

Philipp

I did something similar for a WiFi project.

PS3 USB -> Raspberry Pi -> Ethernet -> WiFi -> ESP8266

The program on the Pi is written in nodejs/javascript so it should work on Win, Mac, and Linux. It works by sending the PS3 gamepad control events over UDP to the ESP8266.

I think you can replace the ESP8266 with Uno + Ethernet shield. But I have never used the Arduino Ethernet shield.

I can find the code and post on github if you are interested.

Hey,

that would be pretty kind =). Thank you